Ion—Electron Recombination and Heat Fluxes in High-Frequency Ion Sources
- 9 Downloads
Heat fluxes escaping from plasma to the surfaces of construction components of an ion source with perforated electrodes of an ion-optical system are considered. The heat flux from ion—electron recombination on surfaces adjoining the plasma is introduced into our consideration taking into account the spatial distribution of the recombination radiation and coefficients of radiation reflection from the surfaces. Corrected expressions for heat fluxes which can be used as boundary conditions in numerical models for calculating the temperatures in ion sources with high-frequency plasma discharge are given.
Keywordsplasma ion source high-frequency discharge ion-electron recombination ion-optical system heat fluxes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Löb, in Proc. Int. Electric Propulsion Conference IEPC-1991 (Viareggio, 1991), IEPC-1991-066.Google Scholar
- 2.J. L. Van Noord, PhD Thesis (Univ. of Michigan, 1999).Google Scholar
- 3.J. L. Van Noord, in Proc. 43rd AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit (Cincinnati, OH, 2007), p. 5218.Google Scholar
- 4.G. Waldemar, B. Lotz, and B. K. Meyer, in Proc. 33rd Int. Electric Propulsion Conference (Washington, DC, 2003).; G. Waldemar, B. Lotz, and B. K. Meyer, in Proc. 33rd Int. Electric Propulsion Conference IEPC2013 (Washington, DC, 2013).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Loeb, in Proc. AIAA 7th Electric Propulsion Conference (Williamsburg, VA, 1969), p. 285.Google Scholar
- 8.H. W. Loeb, J. Freisinger, and K. H. Groh, in Proc. 41st Int. Astronautical Congress (Dresden, October 6–12, 1990), p. IAF-90-231.Google Scholar