Algorithm for Controlling a Multielement Mirror using the Millimetron Space Telescope as an Example
A new algorithm for controlling a multielement mirror of a large telescope is considered and justified in the general case for a large number of joints between rows of elements. It is intended for the creation of an effective unified control system for several objects under the constraints of budget error limits. A version of this algorithm is suggested in the autostabilization system of the Millimetron telescope. An error in the relative positioning of the elements is estimated and the sensor positions are detected. The results confirm quite successful the applicability of this control algorithm as a part of the adaptation contour of large telescopes with multielement primary mirrors.
Keywordscontrol algorithm system of automatic stabilization composite primary mirror position controlling system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Sychev, “Efficiency of large optical telescopes,” Nauka Obrazovanie, MGTU im. N.E. Baumana, No. 1, 101–113 (2015). doi 10.7463/0115.0754723Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Vasil’ev, Yu. P. Vysotskii, B. Ya. Gutnikov, I. I. Dukhopel, E. B. Evdokimov, V. I. Kryukov, M. Yu. Putilovskii, N.V. Ryabova, N. V. Steshenko, V. V. Sychev, G. P. Tarasov, N. D. Ustinov, and B. K. Chemodanov, “ASY-1200 astronomical telescope with complex primary mirror,” Opt.-Mekhan. Promyshl., No. 11, 22–25 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Sychev, Adaptive Optical Systems in Large Telescopes (Tonkie naukoemkie tekhnologii, Staryi Oskol, 2005) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.V.V. Sychev, “Basic postulates of adaptive correction of wavefront distortions in llarge optical systems,” Nauka Obrazovanie, MGTU im. N.E. Baumana, No. 3, 310–328 (2014). doi 10.7463/0314.0700488Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Sychev, “Engineering aspects of creation of large optical telescopes,” Nauka Obrazovanie, MGTU im. N.E. Baumana, No. 2, 269–285 (2015). doi 10.7463/0215.0755509Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Sychev, “New technologies for manufacturing large lightweight constructions,” Konversiya Mashinostroenii, No. 6, 28–36 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.M. N. Sokol’skii, Tolerance to the Quality of Optical Images (Mashinostroenie. Leningradskoe otdelenie, Leningrad, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.N. V. Ryabova and M. A. Gan, “Study of the quality of images produced by complex phased mirrors,” Opt.-Mekhan. Promyshl., No. 8, 25 (1981).Google Scholar
- 10.http://www.renishaw.ru/ru/symetrie-hexapods-chooserenishaws-advanced-resolute-absolute-encoders-38342 (Cited December 6, 2017).Google Scholar
- 11.G. I. Fedotov, R. S. Il’in, and L. A. Novitskii, Laboratory Optical Instruments (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar