Synthesis of a Magnetic Core/Shell Nanocomposite Containing Layered Double Hydroxide
- 3 Downloads
A method for obtaining a new magnetic nanocomposite Fe3O4@SiO2@Mg/AlFe-LDH with the core/shell structure is described. The procedure for the synthesis of the nanocomposite includes three steps: preparing magnetite nanoparticles, coating the surface of the obtained magnetic nanoparticles with silica, and in situ growing Mg/AlFe-LDH on the Fe3O4@SiO2 surface. Samples obtained at each synthesis step have been characterized using X-ray diffraction analysis and transmission electron microscopy. It has been proved that the layered double hydroxide (LDH) particles “grow” on aggregates of magnetic Fe3O4@SiO2 core/shell nanoparticles and have the so-called “flower-like” morphology.
The work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 18-29-12103 mk. Used in the study was equipment of the Shared-Use Center “Technologies and Materials” at the Belgorod State University.
- 10.P. Kumar, K. Gill, S. Kumar, et al., J. Mol. Catal., A 401, 48 (2015).Google Scholar
- 12.D. G. Evans and R. C. T. Slade, Structure and Bonding, vol. 119: Layered Double Hydroxides, Ed. by X. Duan and D. G. Evans (Springer, Berlin, 2006), p. 1.Google Scholar
- 16.F. Li and X. Duan, Structure and Bonding, vol. 119: Layered Double Hydroxides, Ed. by X. Duan and D. G. Evans (Springer, Berlin, 2006), p. 193.Google Scholar
- 17.I. G. Ryl’tsova, V. A. Piskareva, O. A. Vorontsova, and O. E. Lebedeva, Butlerov. Soobshch. 48 (10), 77 (2016).Google Scholar
- 20.I. G. Ryl’tsova, O. A. Vorontsova, and O. E. Lebedeva, Butlerov. Soobshch. 27 (16), 62 (2011).Google Scholar