Numerical simulation of a multicomponent mixing layer with solid particles
- 4 Downloads
The work is devoted to the numerical simulation of a supersonic plane mixing layer of multicomponent gases in the presence of injection of particles at the interface of flows. A. algorithm for solving the system of Navier-Stokes equations for the gas phase and the system of ordinary differential equations for solid particles based on the Eulerian-Lagrangian representation is proposed I. is assumed that the turbulent flow is quasi-two-dimensional and the solution of the an original system is produced by the 2D-DNS approach without using additional closure models of turbulence. A detailed study of the influence of the gas phase on the particles distribution and their capture with coherent structures is performed with the variance of Mach numbers and particles injection locations The enhancing influence of the centrifugal force on the dispersion of particles is obtained with increase in the input Mach number. A quasi-equilibrium state with a gas flow of small particles is established.
Keywordstwo-phase flow solid particles multicomponent gas Navier-Stokes equations Euler-Lagrange method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 13.R. Kee, F.M. Rupley, and J.A. Miller, CHEMKIN-II: a Fortran chemical kinetic package for the analysis of gas-phase chemical kinetics, Sandia Report SAND89-8009B, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, 1989.Google Scholar
- 14.Yu.V. Lapin and M.Kh. Strelets, Internal Flows of Gas Mixtures, Nauka, Moscow, 1989.Google Scholar
- 16.V.V. Khar’kov and A.A. Ovchinnikov, An analysis of the forces determining the motion of droplets in a swirling gas flow, Vestnik tekhnologicheskogo universiteta, 2015, Vol. 18, No. 9, P. 106–109.Google Scholar
- 19.C.-J. Tam, R.A. Baurle, and M.R. Gruber, Numerical study of jet injection into a supersonic crossflow, in: 35th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit, Los Angeles, California, USA, AIAA Paper, 1999, No. 99-2254.Google Scholar
- 22.P.J. Martinez Ferrer, G. Lehnasch, and A. Mura, Direct numerical simulations of high speed reactive mixing layers, J. Physics: Conf. Ser., 2012, No. 395, P. 01204–1–01204–8.Google Scholar
- 23.R. Varun, T. Sundararajan, R. Usha, and K. Srinivasan, Interaction between particle-laden underexpanded supersonic jets, Phys. Fluids, 2010, Vol. 224, No. 9, P. 72–96.Google Scholar