Asymptotic boundary conditions for computing the position of laminar-turbulent transition by the eN-method
- 1 Downloads
The work is devoted to the use of asymptotic boundary conditions for engineering prediction of the laminar-turbulent transition position in hydrodynamic flows by the eN-method. It is shown that the asymptotic boundary conditions can significantly reduce the total computational cost.
Keywordsboundary layer laminar-turbulent transition eN-method hydrodynamic stability governing equations for small disturbances local-parallel approach asymptotic boundary conditions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A.V. Boiko, K.V. Demyanko, and Yu.M. Nechepurenko, Asymptotic boundary conditions for the analysis of hydrodynamic stability of flows in regions with open boundaries, Keldysh Institute Preprints, 2018, No. 129.Google Scholar
- 8.W.B. Brown, A stability criterion for three-dimensional laminar boundary layers, Boundary Layer and Flow Control: Its Principles and Application, G.V. Lachmann (Ed.), Pergamon, Oxford, 1961, Vol. 2. P. 913–923.Google Scholar
- 9.A.G. Volodin and S.A. Gaponov, Stability of incompressible boundary layer, Izv. SO AN SSSR, Ser Tekhn. Nauk, 1970, Vol. 2, No. 8, P. 55–58.Google Scholar
- 13.C. Canuto, M.Y. Hussaini, A. Quarteroni, and T.A. Zang, Spectral Methods. Fundamentals in Single Domains. Springer, Berlin, 2006.Google Scholar
- 21.J.L. Van Ingen, Transition, pressure gradient, suction, separation and stability theory, AGARD-CP-224 Laminar-turbulent transition, Copenhagen, 1977, P. 20.1–20.15.Google Scholar