Modification of properties of aluminum protective anodes by nanopowder materials
- 8 Downloads
Experimental study was performed on the influence of nanosized refractory nanopowders on the structure and electrochemical characteristics of aluminum alloy AlZn4 used as protective anode. It was found that modification of alloy AlZn4 with nanopowder of aluminum nitride or diamond induces refining of alloy structure by the factor of 1.5, increases the anode strength and its protective negative potential. Those factors have practical value for higher efficiency of protection from corrosion in water-contacting vessels.
Key wordscorrosion protective anode negative potential electrochemical protection aluminum alloy nanomodification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.V. Krasnoyarskii, Electrochemical Method for Metal Protection from Corrosion, Moscow, 1961.Google Scholar
- 2.V.S. Kuzub, Anode Protection for Process Equipment, Metallurgia, Moscow, 1989.Google Scholar
- 3.V. Kovachev and I. Panov, Development of technology for manufacturing of aluminum protectors for water containers at boilers, ISSN 1310–3946. Scientific Announcements of NTUM, VI (17), P. 107–114. ISSN 1310–3946 (1998).Google Scholar
- 4.M.F. Zhukov, I.N. Cherskii, A.N. Cherepanov et al., Strengthening of Metallic, Polymeric, and Elastomer Materials with Ultrafine Powders, Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1999.Google Scholar
- 5.V.V. Moskvichev, G.G. Krushenko, A.E. Burov et al., Nanopowder Technologies in Mechanical Engineering, Krasnoyarsk: Siberian Federal University, 2013.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Kuzmanov, R. Dimitrova, R. Lazarova, A. Cherepanov, S. Popov, R. Petrov, and V. Manolov, Investigations of the structure and mechanical properties of castings of alloy AlSi7Mg, cast irons GG15 and GG25 steel GX120Mn12, modified by nanosized powders, Proc. Inst. Mech. Engng Part N: J. Nanoeng, 2014, Vol. 228, No. 1, P. 11–18.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.R. Lazarova, V. Manolov, M. Manchev, and A. Cherepanov, Investigation of the influence of nanomodifiers on the microstructure and mechanical properties of P265GH/HII Steel, J. Materials Sci. Technol., 2010, No. 2, P. 120–128.Google Scholar
- 10.H. Choi, H. Konishi, and X. Li, Al2O3 nanoparticles induced simultaneous refinement and modification of primary and eutectic Si particles in hypereutectic Al-20Si alloy, Materials Sci. and Engng A 541, 2012, P. 159–165.Google Scholar
- 11.V. Kovachev and I. Panov, Investigation of the possibility for electrical and chemical characteristics improvement of aluminum protectors. Scientific Announcements of NTUM VI (17), P. 85–106. ISSN 1310–3946 (1998).Google Scholar
- 12.V. Kovachev and I. Panov, Investigation of structure of aluminum alloys for cathode protective protection from corrosion in unemanel water vessel in boilers, Anniversary Scient. Conf. with Int. Participation at VTU, Russe, October 2010, Vol. 49, ser. 2, P. 13–18.Google Scholar