Thermal conductivity and thermal diffusivity of samarium in the temperature range of 293–1773 K
- 7 Downloads
The thermal conductivity and the thermal diffusivity coefficients of samarium have been measured by the laser flash method in the temperature interval of 293–1773 K in solid and liquid states including the regions of phase transitions. The measurement errors of the heat transfer coefficients were ±(3–6)%. The approximation equations and the tables of reference data for the temperature dependence of properties have been obtained. The obtained results have been compared with the available literature data.
Key wordsthermal conductivity thermal diffusivity samarium condensed state laser flash method high temperatures phase transformations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.E. Zinov’ev, Thermophysical Properties of Metals at High Temperatures: Handbook, Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1989.Google Scholar
- 3.A.V. Baginskij, K.M. Lyapunov, and S.V. Stankus, Calorific properties of samarium at high temperature, High Temperature, 1996, Vol. 34, No. 4, P. 536–540.Google Scholar
- 5.https://www.netzsch-thermal-analysis.com/en/products-solutions/thermal-diffusivity-conductivity/lfa-427/.Google Scholar
- 6.D.A. Samoshkin, A.Sh. Agazhanov, I.V. Savchenko, S.V. Stankus, and O.S. Yatsuk, Thermal diffusivity of dysprosium in the temperature range 293–1273 K, Perspektivnye materialy, 2016, No. 10, P. 76–80.Google Scholar
- 11.E.D. Devyatkova, V.P. Zhuze, A.V. Golubkov, V.M. Sergeeva, and I.A. Smirnov, Thermal conductivity of Sm, Pr, and their monochalcogenides, Fizika tverdogo tela, 1964, Vol. 6, P. 430–435.Google Scholar
- 12.V.E. Zinov’ev, P.V. Gel’d, and A.L. Sokolov, Kinetic properties of samarium at high temperature, Fizika tverdogo tela, 1974, Vol. 16, No. 9, P. 2745–2746.Google Scholar
- 13.M.V. Vedernikov, S.A. Kizhaev, A.V. Petrov, and N.I. Moreva, Magnetic susceptibility and thermal conduction of metallic samarium at high temperatures, Fizika tverdogo tela, 1975, Vol. 17, No. 1, P. 340–342.Google Scholar
- 15.L. Binkele, Transport properties of yttrium and six rare-earth metals in the temperature range 300–1000 K, High Temperatures–High Pressures, 1989, Vol. 21, P. 131–137.Google Scholar
- 16.A.N. Safonov, Thermal Diffusivity and Heat Capacity of Light Rare Earth Metals at High Temperatures: PhD dissertation, Sverdlovsky Institut imeni V.V. Vakhrusheva, Sverdlovsk, 1990.Google Scholar