Parameterization of a Set Determined by the Generalized Discriminant of a Polynomial
- 19 Downloads
A generalization of the classical discriminant of the real polynomial defined using the linear Hahn operator that decreases the degree of the polynomial by one is studied. The structure of the generalized discriminant set of the real polynomial, i.e., the set of values of the polynomial coefficients at which the polynomial and its Hahn operator image have a common root, is investigated. The structure of the generalized discriminant of the polynomial of degree n is described in terms of the partitions of n Algorithms for the construction of a polynomial parameterization of the generalized discriminant set in the space of the polynomial coefficients are proposed. The main steps of these algorithms are implemented in a Maple library. Examples of calculating the discriminant set are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Batkhin, A.B., The structure of the resonance set of a real polynomial, Preprint of the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics, Moscow, 2016, no. 29. http://www.keldysh.ru/papers/2015/prep2016_29.pdf.Google Scholar
- 9.Magnus, A.P., Associated Askey–Wilson polynomials as Laguerre Hahn orthogonal polynomials, Proc. of an Int. Symp. on Orthogonal Polynomials and their Applications, Segovia, Spain, 1986, ed. by Alfaro, M., Dehesa, J.S., Marcellan, F.J., et al., Berlin: Springer, 1988, vol. 1329 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, pp. 261–278.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Batkhin, A.B., Parametrization of the discriminant set of a real polynomial, Preprint of the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics, Moscow, 2015, no. 76. http://keldysh.ru/papers/2015/prep2015_76.pdfGoogle Scholar
- 17.Kalinina, E.A. and Uteshev, A.Yu., Elimination Theory, St. Petersburg: Naucho-Issledovatel’skii Ist. Khimii, St. Petersburg Univ., 2002 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 21.Sushkevich, A.K., Foundation of Higher Algebra, 4 ed., Moscow: ONTI, 1941 [in Russian].Google Scholar