Investigation into the Extraction–Chromatographic Separation of a Binary Mixture in a Series of Multistage Columns
- 9 Downloads
The semibatch multistage extraction chromatographic separation of a binary system of components has been experimentally studied under various conditions of loading of the mixture to the apparatus. An acceptable fit of the previously developed mathematical model of the process to the experimental results is determined.
Keywords:preparative liquid–liquid chromatography multistage extraction mathematical modeling of separation processes
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project no. 18-33-00081 mol_a).
- 1.Kostanyan, A.E., Erastov, A.A., Belova, V.V., and Khol’kin, A.I., New extraction–chromatography processes for the separation of organic and inorganic substances, Khim. Tekhnol., 2015, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 239–245.Google Scholar
- 2.Kostanyan, A.E., On the description of liquid–liquid chromatography processes with a free stationary phase, Khim. Tekhnol., 2004, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 39–43.Google Scholar
- 3.Maryutina, T.A., Spivakov, B.Ya., Shpigun, L.K., Pavlenko, I.V., and Zolotov, Yu.A., Preconcentration and separation of ortho- and pyrophosphate ions by countercurrent partition chromatography, Zh. Anal. Khim., 1990, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 665–670.Google Scholar
- 4.Chmutova, M.K., Maryutina, T.A., Spivakov, B.Ya., and Myasoedov, B.F., Separation of americium(III) and europium(III) in systems with neutral bidentate organophosphorus extractants by countercurrent partition chromatography, Radiokhimiya, 1992, no. 6, pp. 56–63.Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, Y., Zhang, L., Zhou, H., Guo, X., and Wu, S., K-targeted strategy for isolation of phenolic alkaloids of Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn by counter-current chromatography using lysine as a pH regulator, J. Chromatogr. A, 2017, vol. 1490, pp. 115–125. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2017.02.022 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 10.Boonloed, A., Weber, G.L., Ramzy, K.M., Dias, V.R., and Remcho, V.T., Centrifugal partition chromatography: A preparative tool for isolation and purification of xylindein from Chlorociboria aeruginosa, J. Chromatogr. A, 2016, vol. 1478, pp. 19–25. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2016.11.026
- 11.Kostanyan, A.E., Voshkin, A.A., Khol’kin, A.I., and Belova, V.V., RF Patent 2403949, 2010.Google Scholar
- 13.Erastov, A.A., Study of liquid–liquid chromatography in a rotary-disk column with the cyclic operating mode of agitators, Khim. Tekhnol., 2017, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 93–95.Google Scholar
- 14.Rozen, A.M. and Kostanyan, A.E., Enhanced extractors: An element approach, modeling, calculation, and prospects for development of new high-efficiency designs, Zh. Prikl. Khim., 1986, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 2083–2090.Google Scholar
- 15.Kostanyan, A.E. and Martynova, M.M., Analysis of extraction–chromatography separation of a mixture of components in a cascade of multistage columns, Khim. Tekhnol., 2018, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 474–480.Google Scholar
- 16.Kostanian, A.E., Berthod, A., Ignatova, S.N., Maryutina, T.A., Spivakov, B.Ya., and Sutherland, I.A., Countercurrent chromatographic separation: A hydrodynamic approach developed for extraction columns, J. Chromatogr. A, 2004, vol. 1040, pp. 63–72. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2004.03.055 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar