Analysis of Extraction Chromatographic Separation of a Binary Mixture in a Series of Multistage Columns
- 1 Downloads
Two processes of multistage extraction chromatographic separation of components (with and without recycling) are theoretically studied under various conditions of loading of a mixture to be separated to the apparatus. A mathematical description of the separation processes is presented. It is shown that the separation of components in the process with recycling requires an order of magnitude fewer equilibrium stages than separation in the process without recycling. Moreover, the productivity of the process with recycling, which is determined by the duration of loading to the apparatus, is an order of magnitude higher.
Keywords:preparative liquid–liquid chromatography multistage extraction mathematical modeling of separation processes
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project no. 18-33-00081 mol_a).
- 1.Kostanyan, A.E., Erastov, A.A., Belova, V.V., and Khol’kin, A.I., New extraction–chromatography processes for the separation of organic and inorganic substances, Khim. Tekhnol., 2015, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 239–245.Google Scholar
- 2.Belova, V.V., Combined extraction–chromatography processes for separation and purification of substances, Khim. Tekhnol., 2016, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 554–559.Google Scholar
- 3.Maryutina, T.A., Spivakov, B.Ya., Shpigun, L.K., Pavlenko, I.V., and Zolotov, Yu.A., Preconcentration and separation of ortho- and pyrophosphate ions by countercurrent partition chromatography, Zh. Anal. Khim., 1990, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 665–670.Google Scholar
- 4.Fedotov, P.S., Maryutina, T.A., Grebneva, O.N., Kuz’min, N.M., and Spivakov, B.Ya., Use of countercurrent partition chromatography for the preconcentration and separation of inorganic compounds: Group extraction of Zr, Hf, Nb, and Ta for their subsequent determination by inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometry, J. Anal. Chem., 1997, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 1034– 1038.Google Scholar
- 5.Chmutova, M.K., Maryutina, T.A., Spivakov, B.Ya., and Myasoedov, B.F., Separation of americium(III) and europium(III) in systems with neutral bidentate organophosphorus extractants by countercurrent partition chromatography, Radiokhimiya, 1992, no. 6, pp. 56–63.Google Scholar
- 6.Maryutina, T.A. and Ignatova, S.N., Countercurrent chromatography for the preconcentration and separation of inorganic compounds: Influence of physicochemical properties of two-phase liquid systems on the retention of the stationary phase, J. Anal. Chem., 1998, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 740–745.Google Scholar
- 11.Morley, R. and Minceva, M., Trapping multiple dual mode centrifugal partition chromatography for the separation of intermediately-eluting components: Throughput maximization strategy, J. Chromatogr. A, 2017, vol. 1501, pp. 26–38. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2017.04.033 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 13.Wang, Y., Zhang, L., Zhou, H., Guo, X., and Wu, S., K-targeted strategy for isolation of phenolic alkaloids of Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn by counter-current chromatography using lysine as a pH regulator, J. Chromatogr. A, 2017, vol. 1490, pp. 115–125. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2017.02.022 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 14.Peng, A., Hewitson, P., Ye, H., Zu, L., Garrard, I., Sutherland, I., Chen, L., and Ignatova, S., Sample injection strategy to increase throughput in counter-current chromatography: Case study of Honokiol purification, J. Chromatogr. A, 2016, vol. 1476, pp. 19–24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2016.10.040 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 15.Boonloed, A., Weber, G.L., Ramzy, K.M., Dias, V.R., and Remcho, V.T., Centrifugal partition chromatography: A preparative tool for isolation and purification of xylindein from Chlorociboria aeruginosa, J. Chromatogr. A, 2016, vol. 1478, pp. 19–25. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2016.11.026 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 16.Kostanyan, A.E., Voshkin, A.A., Khol’kin, A.I., and Belova, V.V., RF Patent 2403949, 2010.Google Scholar