Calculation Studies of the Separation of Rare-Earth Metals by Countercurrent Liquid–Liquid Chromatography
- 2 Downloads
Calculation studies have been made of the separation and concentration of rare-earth metals by countercurrent liquid–liquid chromatography with the semicontinuous loading of a sample into a chromatographic device using calculation software. This software is shown to be able to calculate chromatograms in steady- and unsteady-state modes for separating rare-earth metals and for concentrating one of the metals in the unsteady-state mode. By varying the number of steps, the sample loading time, and the durations of phase elution steps in each cycle, fractions with given purities of separated metals can be obtained.
Keywords:countercurrent liquid–liquid chromatography calculation software rare-earth metal chlorides chromatograms separation concentration
This work was supported by the Council for Grants of the President of the Russian Federation for State Support of Young Russian Scientists (grant no. MK-1459.2018.3).
- 10.Kostanyan, A.E., On the description of liquid–liquid chromatography processes with a free stationary phase, Khim. Tekhnol., 2004, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 39–42.Google Scholar
- 11.Kostanyan, A.E., Voshkin, A.A., Khol’kin, A.I., and Belova, V.V., RF Patent 2403949, 2010.Google Scholar
- 14.Kostanyan, A.E. and Erastov, A.A., Steady state preparative multiple dual mode counter-current chromatography: Productivity and selectivity. Theory and experimental verification, J. Chromatogr. A, 2015, vol. 1406, pp. 118–128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2015.05.074 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 17.Belova, V., Modeling of separation of platinum metals by counter-current chromatography, Am. J. Chem. Appl., 2017, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 16–20.Google Scholar
- 18.Kostanyan, A.E. and Shishilov, O.N., An easy-to-use calculating machine to simulate steady state and non-steady-state preparative separations by multiple dual mode counter-current chromatography with semi-continuous loading of feed mixtures, J. Chromatogr. A, 2018, vol. 1552, pp. 92–98. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2018.04.010 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 19.Belova, V.V. and Martynova, M.M., Interphase distribution of lanthanide salts in multicomponent aqueous-organic two-phase systems, Khim. Tekhnol., 2017, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 557–561.Google Scholar
- 20.Belova, V.V. and Martynova, M.M., Interphase distribution of lanthanide chlorides in multicomponent aqueous-organic two-phase systems with D2EHPA, Khim. Tekhnol., 2018, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 314–319.Google Scholar