Leaching SiO2 and Al2O3 Impurities from Leucoxene from the Yaregskoe Deposit by Sodium Hydroxide Solution
- 6 Downloads
This work presents the results of experimental studies of leaching aluminosilicate and quartz impurities from leucoxene from the Yaregskoe deposit by sodium hydroxide solution by sodium hydroxide solution. According to the data, the type of kinetic equation of SiO2 dissolution is defined, as are the equation parameters, including the orders by the reagents, the preexponential factor, and the activation energy. The activation energy of 77.2 ± 3.9 kJ/mol corresponds to the kinetic region of the reaction behavior.
Keywords:leucoxene quartz dissolution aluminosilicate leaching titanium-containing raw materials kinetics activation energy
The work was carried out within the framework of the Federal Target Program for IPS RAS with financial support from the Federal Agency for Scientific Organizations of Russia.
- 1.IndexMundi—Country Facts, Titanium. http://www. indexmundi.com/en/commodities/minerals/titanium. Accessed November 17, 2016.Google Scholar
- 6.Stanawey, K.J., Overview of titanium dioxide feedstocks, Min. Eng. (Englewood, CO, U. S.), 1994, vol. 46, no. 12, pp. 1367–1370.Google Scholar
- 7.Pistorius, P.C., Ilmenite smelting: The basics, Proc. 6th International Heavy Minerals Conference “Back to Basics” (Hluhluwe, South Africa, 2007), Johannesburg: Southern African Inst. of Mining and Metallurgy, 2007, pp. 35–43.Google Scholar
- 8.Gosudarstvennyi doklad “O sostoyanii i ispol’zovanii mineral’no-syr’evykh resursov Rossiiskoi Federatsii v 2014 godu” (On the Status and Use of Mineral Resources of the Russian Federation in 2014: A State Report by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation), Kiselev, E.A., Ed., Moscow: Minist. Prir. Resur. i Ekol. Ross. Fed., 2015.Google Scholar
- 9.Zanaveskin, K.L., Maslennikov, A.N., Makhin, M.N., and Zanaveskin, L.N., Special features of the Yaregskoye deposit quartz-leucoxene rougher concentrate chemical and mineral composition, Obogashch. Rud, 2015, no. 5, pp. 25–32. https://doi.org/10.17580/or.2015.05.05
- 10.Zablotskaya, Yu.V., Sadykhov, G.B., and Gocharenko, T.V., Autoclave leaching kinetics of a leucoxene concentrate with alkaline solutions, Russ. Metall. (Engl. Transl.), 2015, no. 1, pp. 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0036029515010140
- 13.Lainer, A.I., Eremin, N.I., Lainer, Yu.A., and Pevzner, I.Z., Proizvodstvo glinozema (Alumina Production), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1978, 2nd ed.Google Scholar
- 15.Zanaveskin, K.L., Maslennikov, A.N., Dmitriev, G.S., and Zanaveskin, L.N., Autoclave processing of quartz-leucoxene concentrate (Yaregskoe deposit), Tsvetn. Met., 2016, no. 3, pp. 48–56. https://doi.org/10.17580/tsm.2016.03.08
- 16.Levenspiel, O., Chemical Reaction Engineering, New York: Wiley, 1999, 3rd ed.Google Scholar