Effect of Phonons on the Magnetic Characteristics of Metals at Finite Temperatures
- 7 Downloads
We consider the electron-phonon interaction in the framework of dynamic spin-fluctuation theory and obtain an expression for the self-energy part that depends explicitly on the spin fluctuations and lattice vibrations. We illustrate the theoretical results with the example of iron. We show that the effect of phonons on temperature dependence of the magnetic characteristics of metals is appreciable but not as large as in the static single-site approximation of the spin-fluctuation theory and spin dynamics using classical Hamiltonians.
Keywordsspin fluctuation phonon magnetization magnetic susceptibility local magnetic moment temperature dependence ferromagnetic metal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are grateful to the referee for the useful comments.
Conflicts of interest. The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
- 2.Y. Kakehashi, Modern Theory of Magnetism in Metals and Alloys, Springer, Berlin (2012).Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Grebennikov, “Influence of thermal oscillations of atoms on the electronic properties of transition metals,” Phys. Metals Metallogr., 64, 59–69.Google Scholar
- 8.J. Yin, M. Eisenbach, D. M. Nicholson, and A. Rusanu, “Effect of lattice vibrations on magnetic phase transition in bcc iron,” Phys. Rev. B, 86, 214423 (2012).Google Scholar
- 9.B. Alling, F. Körmann, B. Grabowski, A. Glensk, I. A. Abrikosov, and J. Neugebauer, “Strong impact of lattice vibrations on electronic and magnetic properties of paramagnetic Fe revealed by disordered local moments molecular dynamics,” Phys. Rev. B, 93, 224411 (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Ruban and O. E. Peil, “Impact of thermal atomic displacements on the Curie temperature of 3d transition metals,” Phys. Rev. B, 97, 174426 (2018).Google Scholar
- 19.B. I. Reser and N. B. Melnikov, “Problem of temperature dependence in the dynamic spin-fluctuation theory for strong ferromagnets,” J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 20, 285205 (2008).Google Scholar
- 20.G. V. Paradezhenko, N. B. Melnikov, and B. I. Reser, “Method of continuation in a parameter for a nonlinear system of scalar and functional equations,” J. Comput. Math. Math. Phys. (to appear).Google Scholar
- 23.V. L. Moruzzi, J. F. Janak, and A. R. Williams, Calculated Electronic Properties of Metals, Pergamon, New York (1978).Google Scholar
- 27.K.-H. Hellwege and J. L. Olsen, eds., Metals: Phonon States. Electron States and Fermi Surfaces. Phonon States of Elements. Electron States and Fermi Surfaces of Alloys (Landolt-Börnstein. Num. Data Funct. Relat. in Sci. Tech. New Ser., Vol. 13A), Springer, Berlin (1981).Google Scholar