Quasi-Tangency Points on the Orbits of a Small Body and a Planet at the Low-Velocity Encounter
- 13 Downloads
We propose a method for selecting a low-velocity encounter of a small body with a planet from the evolution of the orbital elements. Polar orbital coordinates of the quasi-tangency point on the orbit of a small body are determined. Rectangular heliocentric coordinates of the quasi-tangency point on the orbit of a planet are determined. An algorithm to search for low-velocity encounters in the evolution of the orbital elements of small bodies is described. The low-velocity encounter of comet 39P/Oterma with Jupiter is considered as an example.
Keywordslow-velocity encounters a quasi-tangency of the orbits of a small body and a planet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Emel’yanenko, N.Yu., Evolyutsiya elementov orbit korotkoperiodicheskikh komet (Evolution of Orbital Elements of the Short-Period Comets), Chelyabinsk: Yuzh.-Ural. Gos. Univ., 2009.Google Scholar
- Emel’yanenko, N.Yu., Low-velocity proximity of comets with Saturn, Trudy mezhdunarodnoi konferentsii “V Bredikhinskie chteniya,” Zavolzhsk, Rossiya, 12–16 maya 2014 (Proc. Int. Conf. “V Bredikhin’s Readings,” Zavolzhsk, Russia, May 12–16, 2014), Sachkov, M.E., Kartashov, A.P., and Emel’yanenko, V.V., Eds., Moscow: Yanus-K, 2016, pp. 82–91.Google Scholar
- Emel’yanenko, N.Yu. and Naroenkov, S.A., The proximity of the asteroid 2006 RH120 with the Earth, Ekol. Vestn. Nauch. Tsentrov Chernomorsk. Ekon. Sotrudn., 2013, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 54–59.Google Scholar
- Kazimirchak-Polonskaya, E.I., The investigation of the proximity of comets with large planets, Tr. Inst. Teor. Astron., Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1961a, no. 7, pp. 3–18.Google Scholar
- Kazimirchak-Polonskaya, E.I., A review of studies of the close proximities of comets with Jupiter (1770–1960), Tr. Inst. Teor. Astron., Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1961b, no. 7, pp. 19–190.Google Scholar
- Kazimirchak-Polonskaya, E.I., The capture of comets by Jupiter and the regularities in the century evolution of comet orbits, in Astrometriya i nebesnaya mekhanika. Problema issledovaniya Vselennoi (Astrometry and Celestial Mechanics. Problems of Universe Study), Moscow: Nauka, 1978, no. 7, pp. 340–383.Google Scholar
- Subbotin, M.F., Vvedenie v teoreticheskuyu astronomiyu (Introduction to Theoretical Astronomy), Moscow: Nauka, 1968.Google Scholar