Effect of Stellar Wind and Poynting–Robertson Drag on Photogravitational Elliptic Restricted Three Body Problem
- 5 Downloads
The existence and linear stability of the planar equilibrium points for photogravitational elliptical restricted three body problem is investigated in this paper. Assuming that the primaries, one of which is radiating are rotating in an elliptical orbit around their common center of mass. The effect of the radiation pressure, forces due to stellar wind and Poynting–Robertson drag on the dust particles are considered. The location of the five equilibrium points are found using analytical methods. It is observed that the collinear equilibrium points L1, L2 and L3 do not lie on the line joining the primaries but are shifted along the y-coordinate. The instability of the libration points due to the presence of the drag forces is demonstrated by Lyapunov’s first method of stability.
KeywordsP–R drag Solar wind drag elliptic restricted three body problem Solar system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bonavito, N.L., Der, G.J., and Vinti, J.P., Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics: Orbital and Celestial Mechanics, Reston, VA: Am. Inst. Aeronaut. Astronaut., 1998. doi doi 10.2514/4.866487Google Scholar
- Lyapunov, A.M., The general problem of the stability of motion, Int. J. Control, 1992, vol. 55.Google Scholar
- Markeev, A.P., Tochki libratsii v nebesnoi mekhanike i kosmodinamike (Libration Points in Celestial Mechanics and Cosmic Dynamics), Moscow: Nauka, 1978.Google Scholar
- Narayan, A. and Shrivastav, A., Existence of resonance stability of triangular equilibrium points in circular case of the planar elliptical restricted three-body problem under the oblate and radiating primaries around the binary system, Adv. Astron., 2014, vol. 17, art. ID 287174.Google Scholar
- Narayan, A. and Singh, N., effects of radiation on stability of triangular equilibrium points in elliptic restricted three-body problem, Int. J. Appl. Math. Res., 2014b, vol. 3, pp. 45–53.Google Scholar
- Poynting, J.H., The pressure of light, Inquirer, 1903, pp. 195–196.Google Scholar
- Radzievskii, V.V., The space photogravitational restricted three-body problem, Astron. Zh., 1953, vol. 30, pp. 265–273.Google Scholar