Structure-Sensitive Properties of Liquid Steel: Efficacy Evaluation of Its Treatment with Modifiers and Refining Slag
It is proposed to consider the oxidation potential of the ladle slag coating as the factor affecting the modification efficiency. Conditions of modifiers effective influence on steel are determined. Samples of industrial steels smelted with the determined conditions accordance are obtained. The impact of new rapidly quenched modifiers with rare-earth metals on the molten medium carbon steels 40Kh and 38KhM was studied by method of viscometry. Such steels have no hysteresis of viscosity. According to the alloys influence on the liquid steel supercooling during solidification, limits of the rational using of new alloys are established.
Keywords:melt modifier kinematic viscosity ladle steel processing rare-earth metals metallurgical heredity
Work is performed during realization of State task no. 0396-2015-0083.
- 1.Yu.V. Kabatina, Candidate’s Dissertation in Engineering (Magnitogorsk, 2010).Google Scholar
- 3.D. Ya. Povolotskii, Physicochemical Principles of Steelmaking Processes (South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, 2007).Google Scholar
- 4.S. I. Popel’, A. I. Sotnikov, and V. N. Boronenkov, Theory of Metallurgical Processes: Manual for Higher Education Institutions (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1986).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Yavoiskii, Yu. V. Kryakovskii, V. P. Grigor’ev, Yu. M. Nechkin, V. F. Kravchenko, and D. I. Borodin, Steel Metallurgy: Manual for Higher Education Institutions (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1983).Google Scholar
- 6.B. A. Baum, G. A. Khasin, G. V. Tyagunov, E. A. Klimenkov, Yu. A. Bazin, L. V. Kovalenko, V. B. Mikhailov, and G. A. Raspopova, Liquid Steel (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1984).Google Scholar
- 7.G. N. Elanskii and V. A. Kudrin, The Structure and Properties of Liquid Metal: Melting Technology and Properties of Steel (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1984).Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Vertman, “The problem with metal melts,” in Fundamental Studies of Physical Chemistry of the Metal Melts (Akademkniga, Moscow, 2002), pp. 207–214.Google Scholar
- 9.D. A. Dyudkin and V. V. Kisilenko, Modern Technology of Steel Production: Monograph (Teplotekhnik, Moscow, 2007).Google Scholar