Evolution of Phase Formation during the Aluminothermic Reduction of Titanium and Zirconium from Oxides
- 11 Downloads
The sequence of formation of intermetallic compounds in the Al–ZrO2 and Al–TiO2 systems is determined by theoretical and experimental modeling of the aluminothermic reduction of titanium and zirconium from their dioxides. The reduction proceeds via the formation of monoxides of these metals.
Keywords:phase formation aluminothermic reduction intermetallic compounds
The experimental studies were carried out on the equipment of the Center for Collective Use URAL-M of the Institute of Metallurgy, Ural Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences.
This work was supported by the federal target program “Investigation and Developments on Priority Trends of the Scientific Technological Complex of Russia for 2014–2020” (agreement no. 14.578.21.0200, theme “Development of Technology of the Production of Ceramic Units and Details by Selective Laser Smelting Using Innovative Methods for Diagnostics of the Processes and Produced Units,” unique identifier PNIER RFMEFI57816X0200).
- 1.V. I. Napalkov and S. V. Makhov, Alloying and Modification of Aluminum and Magnesium (MISIS, Moscow, 2002).Google Scholar
- 2.D. E. Andreev, V. N. Sanin, and V. I. Yukhvid, “SVS metallurgy of titanium aluminides,” Int. J. SNS 14 (3), 219–234 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Roine, Outokumpu HSC Chemistry for Windows. Chemical Reaction and Equilibrium Software with Extensive Thermochemical Database (Outokumpu Research OY, Pori, 2006), p. 448.Google Scholar
- 6.E. M. Zhilina, S. A. Krasikov, S. N. Agafonov, L. B. Vedmid’, and S. V. Zhidovinova, “Thermodynamic and kinetic peculiarities of aluminothermic coreduction of titanium and zirconium from oxides,” Butlerovskie Soobshcheniya 45 (1), 130–134 (2016).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Musikhin, Yu. L. Pliner, B. I. Sergin, et al., “Study of kinetic regularities of the aluminothermic reduction of metal oxides,” in Metallothermy. Collection of Works of the Klyuchevskii Plant of Ferroalloys (1967), pp. 67–73.Google Scholar
- 9.S. A. Krasikov, A. L. Nadol’skii, A. A. Ponomarenko, O. A. Sitnikova, and S. V. Zhidovinova, “Metallothermic production of titanium–aluminum alloys under controlled temperature conditions,” Tsvetn. Metall., No. 6, 68–71 (2012).Google Scholar
- 10.S. A. Krasikov, E. M. Zhilina, O. A. Pichkaleva, A. A. Ponomarenko, L. B. Vedmid’, S. V. Zhidovinova, and V. P. Chentsov, “Effect of the composition of intermetallic compounds on the character of interphase interactions for the aluminothermic coreduction of titanium, nickel, and molybdenum from oxides,” Rasplavy, No. 4, 345–352 (2016).Google Scholar