Rhodium Catalyst–Ionic Liquids Interaction by X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy Data
- 14 Downloads
We investigate the Schrock–Osborn catalyst, [Rh(COD)(PPh3)2][PF6], in a series of ionic liquids by XPS. The electronic environment of the rhodium centre is demonstrated. The subtle change of the electronic environment of the rhodium centre due to the catalyst-ionic liquids interaction is revealed based upon Rh 3d binding energy. It suggests that the anion of ionic liquids can have significant impact on the electronic environment of the rhodium centre.
Keywords:X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy ionic liquids rhodium catalyst–ionic liquids interaction
We thank National Science Foundation (51503007), Liaoning Provincial Foundation of Science and Technology (20180550482) and China Postdoctoral Science Foundation funded project (2015M571344) for financial support. Partial support from Support Project of High-level Teachers in Beijing Municipal Universities in the Period of 13th Five-year Plan (CIT&TCD201804030) and Beijing Municipal Natural Science Fund-Key project of science and technology plan of Beijing Education Committee (KZ201810011017) is gratefully acknowledged by YJ. The authors are grateful to Prof. Peter Licence for helpful discussions and critical advice.
- 1.E. F. Smith, I. J. Villar-Garcia, D. Briggs, and P. Licence, Chem. Commun., No. 45, 5633 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.C. H. Campos, J. B. Belmar, S. E. Jeria, B. F. Urbano, C. C. Torres, and J. B. Alderete, RSC Adv. 7, 3398 (2017).Google Scholar
- 6.M. F. Sellin, P. B. Webb, and D. J. Cole-Hamilton, Chem. Commun., No. 8, 781 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.U. Hintermair, G. Y. Zhao, C. C. Santini, M. J. Muldoon, and D. J. Cole-Hamilton, Chem. Commun., No. 14, 1462 (2007).Google Scholar
- 18.S. Men, K. R. J. Lovelock, and P. Licence, RSC Adv. 5, 35958 (2015).Google Scholar
- 19.J. F. Moulder, W. F. Stickle, P. E. Sobol, and K. D. Bomben, Handbook of X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy: A Reference Book of Standard Spectra for Identification and Interpretation of XPS Data (Physical Electronics, Chanhassen, 1995).Google Scholar