Formation of Finely Dispersed Structures in Aluminum Alloys with Niobium in the Presence of Scandium
- 18 Downloads
The possibilities of improving the strength characteristics of alloys based on aluminum and niobium are studied. It is established that the use of scandium allows finely dispersed hardening intermetallide phases to be obtained. The maximum effect of dispersion hardening is observed upon annealing an alloy with the composition Al 99.0 at %, Nb 0.7 at %, and Sc 0.3 at % for 54 h at 300°С.
Keywords:alloys of the Al–Nb–Sc system rapidly quenched alloys isothermal sections polythermal sections
This work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation, project no. 14-50-00126.
- 2.N. E. Dmitrieva, E. F. Kazakova, and S. F. Dunaev, in Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Nanomaterials and Environment, Moscow, Russia, June 8–10, 2016.Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Zakharov, V. I. Elagin, Yu. A. Filatov, et al., Tekhnol. Legkikh Splavov, No. 4, 20 (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.B. G. Korshunov, A. M. Reznik, and S. A. Semenov, Scandium (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1987), p. 184 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Dobatkin and V. I. Elagin, Granulated Aluminium Alloys (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1981), p. 190 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.E. M. Sokolovskaya, E. F. Kazsakova, V. K. Portnoi, et al., Moscow Univ. Chem. Bull. 49 (3), 43 (1994).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. I. Rusnyak, E. F. Kazakova, and T. P. Loboda, Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 9, 25 (2009).Google Scholar