Effect of Medium Basicity on the Coordination Kinetics of meso-Nitro-Substituted Derivatives of 5-Phenyl-β-Octaalkylporphine with Zinc Acetate
The kinetics of formation of zinc complexes of 10,15-dinitro-5-phenyl-2,3,7,8,12,13,17,18-octamethylporphine, 10,15,20-trinitro-5-phenyl-2,3,7,8,12,13,17,18-octamethylporphine, and 10,15,20-trinitro-5-(4-nitro-phenyl)-2,3,7,8,12,13,17,18-octamethylporphine were studied spectrophotometrically at 288–308 K in Zn(OAc)2–acetonitrile and Zn(OAc)2–1,8-diazabicyclo[5.4.0]-undec-7-en–acetonitrile solutions with different basicities. The compounds under study were identified by electronic absorption, IR and 1H NMR spectroscopies. An analysis of the effect of nitro groups on the kinetics of coordination of Zn(II) with the studied ligands showed that the changes in complexing properties of nitro derivatives of 5-phenyl-β-octaalkylporphine are related to the electron-withdrawing effect of NO2 groups, to structural effects of distortion of the planar structure of the macrocycle, and to alteration of basicity of the reaction medium.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. D. Berezin, Coordination Compounds of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (Wiley, New York, 1981).Google Scholar
- 2.The Chemistry of Biologically Active Natural Compounds, Ed. by N. A. Preobrazhenskii and R. P. Evstigneeva (Khimiya, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.L. A. Blyumenfel’d, Hemoglobin and Reversible Oxygen Addition (Sov. Nauka, Moscow, 1957) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.The Porphyrin Handbook, Ed. by K. M. Kadish, K. M. Smith, and R. Guilard (Academic Press, San Diego, 2000), Vol. 6. doi 10.1021/ja004708pGoogle Scholar
- 5.Porphyrins: Structure, Properties, Synthesis, Eds. by K. A. Askarov, B. D. Berezin, and R. P. Evstigneeva (Nauka, Moscow, 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.G. P. Gurinovich, A. N. Sevchenko, and K. N. Solov’ev, Spectroscopy of Chlorophyll and Related Compounds (Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk, 1968) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.K. N. Solov’ev, L. L. Gladkov, A. S. Starukhin, and S. F. Shkirman, Spectroscopy of Porphyrins: Vibrational States (Nauka i tekhnika, Minsk, 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.Porphyrins: Spectroscopy, Electrochemistry, Application, Ed. by K. A. Askarov, B. D. Berezin, and E. V. Bystritskaya, (Nauka, Moscow, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.Yu. V. Karyakin and I. I. Angelov, Pure Chemical Substances (Khimiya, Moscow, 1974) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 16.Yu. B. Ivanova, S. G. Pukhovskaya, A. S. Semeikin, and N. Zh. Mamardashvili, Zh. Neorg. Khim. 62, 122 (2017). doi 10.7868/S0044457X1701007XGoogle Scholar
- 17.V. A. Efimovich, S. G. Pukhovskaya, and O. A. Golubchikov, Zh. Neorg. Khim. 58, 467 (2013). doi 10.7868/S0044457X13040156Google Scholar
- 18.I. Ya. Bernshtein, Spectrometric Analysis in Organic Chemistry (Khimiya, Leningrad, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar