Generalization of IPP Codes and IPP Set Systems
- 10 Downloads
A quarter century ago Chor, Fiat, and Naor proposed mathematical models for revealing a source of illegal redistribution of digital content (tracing traitors) in the broadcast encryption framework, including the following two combinatorial models: nonbinary IPP codes, based on an (n, n)-threshold secret sharing scheme, and IPP set systems, based on the general (w, n)-threshold secret sharing scheme. We propose a new scheme combining the main ideas of nonbinary IPP codes and IPP set systems, which can also be considered as a generalization of nonbinary IPP codes to the case of constant-weight codes. In the simplest case of a coalition of size two, we compare the new scheme with previously known ones.
Key wordsIPP codes IPP set systems secret sharing schemes broadcast encryption constant-weight codes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Blakley, G.R., Safeguarding Cryptographic Keys, Proc. 1979 National Computer Conf.: Int. Workshop on Managing Requirements Knowledge, New York, June 4–7, 1979, Merwin, R.E., Zanca, J.T., and Smith, M., Eds., AFIPS Conf. Proceedings, V. 48, Montvale, NJ: AFIPS Press, 1979, pp. 313–317.Google Scholar
- 7.Kabatiansky, G.A., Mathematics of Secret Sharing, Mat. Pros., Ser. 3, 1998, Issue 2, Moscow: MCCME, pp. 115–126.Google Scholar
- 16.Tardos, G., Optimal Probabilistic Fingerprint Codes, in Proc. 35th Annual ACM Sympos. on Theory of Computing (STOC’03), San Diego, CA, USA, June 9–11, 2003, pp. 116–125.Google Scholar
- 19.Blackburn, S.R., Combinatorial Schemes for Protecting Digital Content, Surveys in Combinatorics, 2003 (Proc. 19th British Combinatorial Conf., Univ. of Wales, Bangor, UK, June 29–July 4, 2003), Wensley, C.D., Ed., Lond. Math. Soc. Lect. Note Ser., vol. 307, Cambridge, UK: Cambridge Univ. Press, 2003, pp. 43–78.Google Scholar
- 22.Egorova, E. and Kabatiansky, G., Analysis of Two Tracing Traitor Schemes via Coding Theory, Coding Theory and Applications (Proc. 5th Int. Castle Meeting, ICMCTA 2017, Vihula, Estonia, Aug. 28–31, 2017), Barbero, A.I., Skachek, V., and Ytrehus, Ø, Eds., Lect. Notes Comp. Sci., vol. 10495, Cham: Springer, 2017, pp. 84–92.CrossRefGoogle Scholar