New Records of Grammolingiidae, Saucrosmylidae, and Panfiloviidae (Insecta: Neuroptera) from the Jurassic of Mongolia and Kyrgyzstan
New records of Saucrosmylidae from two Mongolian localities of Bakhar (upper Middle Jurassic–lower Upper Jurassic) and Khoutiin-Khotgor (Upper Jurassic) are reported. This is the first record of the family from Central Asia and the second finding outside the type locality of Daohugou (China). Two new species and a new genus, Chorilingia bakharica sp. nov. (Grammolingiidae) and Opapanfilovia bonata gen. et sp. nov. (Panfiloviidae) from Bakhar and Sai-Sagul (Kyrgyzstan, upper Lower Jurassic–lower Middle Jurassic) localities, respectively, are described. The complete list of known records of Grammolingiidae, Saucrosmylidae, and Panfiloviidae is provided. The clade Grammomorpha nom. nov. is introduced for the three families based on their venation characters. The analysis of the fossil record has shown that Grammomorpha was an exclusively Jurassic group that became extinct close to the Jurassic–Cretaceous boundary due to unknown causes.
Keywords:Grammolingiidae Saucrosmylidae Panfiloviidae Jurassic Daohugou
This study was supported by the Program of Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences “Problems of the Origin of Life and Evolution of the Biosphere” and by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project nos. 16-04-01498 and 18-04-00322.
- 2.Khramov, A.V., New lacewings (Insecta: Neuroptera: Grammolingiidae) from the Upper Jurassic of Mongolia, Paleontol. Zh., 2010, no. 2, pp. 64–66.Google Scholar
- 3.Khramov, A.V., Jurassic lacewings (Insecta: Neuroptera) of Western Siberia, Paleontol. Zh., 2017, no. 1, pp. 58–65.Google Scholar
- 4.Khramov, A.V., The new fossil lacewings of Grammolingiidae (Neuroptera) from the Jurassic of Central Asia and Mongolia, with notes on biogeography of the family, Zootaxa, 2012, vol. 297–308.Google Scholar
- 8.Panfilov, D.V., New representatives of lacewings from the Jurassic of the Kara Tau, in Iskopaemye nasekomye mezozoya (Fossil Mesozoic Insects), Dolin, V.G. , Eds., Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1980, pp. 82–111.Google Scholar
- 9.Ponomarenko, A.G., Lacewings from the Jurassic of Siberia and western Mongolia, in Yurskie nasekomye Sibiri i Mongolii (Jurassic Insects of Siberia and Mongolia), Rasnitsyn, A.P., Ed., Moscow: Nauka, 1985, pp. 91–96.Google Scholar
- 10.Ponomarenko, A.G., Upper Liassic neuropterans (Insecta) from Lower Saxony, Germany, Russ. Entomol. J., 1995, vol. 4, pp. 73–89.Google Scholar
- 12.Ren, D., A new lacewing family (Neuroptera) from the Middle Jurassic of Inner Mongolia, China, Entomol. Sin., 2002, vol. 9, pp. 53–67.Google Scholar