Theoretical Study of the Interaction of Ethanol with the (3,5-Dimethylpyrazole-N2)(N-Salicylidenephenyl-Alaninato-O,N,O′)Copper(II) Complex
- 6 Downloads
The electronic structure of the (3,5-dimethylpyrazole-N2)(N-salicylidenephenyl-alaninato-O,N,O′)copper(II) complex and its ethanol adduct is calculated theoretically using different approaches. A comparison with X-ray data shows that M06/SVP and LC-BLYP/TZVP methods give the best theoretical geometry. The vibrational bands in the range 100–500 cm−1 are assigned by the aid of the Chemcraft software. Unrelaxed potential energy curves of the interaction of ethanol with our compound are obtained and examined.
KeywordsDFT methods energy scan curve ethanol adduct
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
We are grateful to Dr. Mohyi El-Essawi, Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Alexandria University for providing us with the experimental data which made this study possible.
- 4.S. A. Warda. Acta Cryst., 1998, C54, 304–306.Google Scholar
- 5.J.-M. Xie, G.-Q. Zhao, X.-J. Lu, X.-M. Lu, and Y.-Z. Song. Acta Cryst., 2008, E64, m243.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Kralova, K. Kissova, O. Svajlenova, and J. Vanco. Chem. Papers, 2004, 58, 357–361.Google Scholar
- 7.S. S. Lakshmi and K. Geetha. J. Crys., 2016, 6078543.Google Scholar
- 8.M. El-Essawi et al. Synthesis and Crystal Structural Determination of dimethylpyrazole-N2)(N-salicylidenephenyl-alaninato-O,N,O′) Ethanol adduct In preparation.Google Scholar
- 9.F. Neese and F. Wenmohs. ORCA version 4.01 An ab initio, DFT and Semiempirical SCF-MO Package.Google Scholar
- 10.F. Neese. The ORCA program system. Wiley Interdiscip. Rev.: Comput. Mol. Sci., 2012, 2, 73–78.Google Scholar
- 13.http://www.nbo6.chem.wisc.eduGoogle Scholar
- 16.G. A. Andrienko. Chemcraft Molecular Visualization Program, version 1.8 (build 445). http://www.chemcraftprog.com..
- 17.J. E. Lennard-Jones. Proc. R. Soc. London, 1924, A106, 738, 463.Google Scholar
- 18.P. Eyland. http://www.insula.com.au/physics/1250/L6.html