Crystal Structures of [Dy(dpm)3]2 and Dy(dpm)3, Luminescent and X-Ray Fluorescent Study of Lanthanide(III) Tris-Dipivaloylmethanates
- 16 Downloads
Crystal structures of [Dy(dpm)3]2 (1) at 155(2) K (space group P21/n, a = 12.2191(3) Å, b = 27.6044(6) Å, с = 21.8615(5) Å, β = 105.172(1)°, V = 7116.9(3) Å3, Z = 4) and Dy(dpm)3 (2) at 200(2) K (space group Pmn21, a = 17.8741(7) Å, b = 10.5639(4) Å, с = 9.8336(4) Å, V = 1856.78(13) Å3, Z = 2) are determined. The structure of complex 1 is similar to the previously known dimeric packings [Ln(dpm)3]2 (Ln = La, Pr, Nd, Eu, Gd, Tb). Complex 2 is isostructural to the previously studied molecular complexes Er(dpm)3 and Lu(dpm)3. At room temperature the luminescence quantum yield (QY) of Tb(dpm)3 is found to reach 77% and that of Dy(dpm)3 is 5%, while for the other Lu(dpm)3 complexes, where Ln = Pr, Nd, Sm, Eu, Gd, Ho, Er, Tm, Yb, QY is below 1%. A series of [Tb(dpm)3]2 and Dy(dpm)3 solid solutions is obtained by evaporating mixtures from solutions. Molecular films of these complexes on Si, Cu, Ni, Ti, KBr substrates are obtained by vacuum deposition.
KeywordsLn(III) dipivaloylmethanates crystal structure molecular films luminescence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.P. A. Stabnikov, I. V. Korolkov, N. V. Pervukhina, O. V. Antonova, P. E. Plyusnin, S. A. Prokhorova, and S. V. Larionov. Zh. Obshch. Khim., 2015, 85,144.Google Scholar
- 9.J. P. R. De Villers and J. C. A. Boeyens. Acta Crystallogr., 1972, B28, 2335–2340.Google Scholar
- 13.Bruker AXS Inc., APEX2 (Version 1.08), SAINT (Version 7.03), and SADABS (Version 2.11), Bruker Advanced Xray Solutions. Madison, Wisconsin, USA, 2004.Google Scholar
- 15.G. M. Sheldrick. SHELX97 Release 97–2. University of Gottingen, Germany, 1998.Google Scholar
- 17.F. H. Allen, O. Kennard, and D. G. Watson. J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans., 1987, 1–19.Google Scholar
- 18.S. B. Meshkova, A. V. Kiriyak, A. N. Gusev, G. A. Nishchimenko, and V. F. Shul`gin. Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 2012, 79, 721–726.Google Scholar