Numerical Study of Interaction of Two Deformable Bubbles in an Acoustic Field
- 4 Downloads
Three-dimensional deformation of two bubbles and bubbles in a cluster in an ideal incompressible liquid in an acoustic field is investigated using the boundary element method for potential flows. The dependence of the dynamics of two interacting bubbles on the frequency and amplitude of the acoustic field and the distance between bubbles is studied. The parameters of the acoustic field and the cluster for which jets are formed and the bubbles are deformed or remain spherical are determined. The behavior of two central bubbles in a structured cluster in an acoustic field with different frequency and amplitude is investigated as a function of the distance between bubbles in the cluster. A comparative analysis of the deformation of the investigated bubbles in the presence and absence of adjacent bubbles is performed.
Keywordsbubble deformation bubble interaction numerical simulation boundary element method potential flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. H. Besant, Hydrostatics and Hydrodynamics (Cambridge Univ. Press, London, 1859).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. A. Itkulova (Pityuk), O. A. Abramova, N. A. Gumerov, and I. Sh. Akhatov, “Simulation of Bubble Dynamics in Three-Dimensional Potential Flows on Heterogeneous Computing Systems Using the Fast Method of Multipoles and the Boundary Element Method,” Vychisl. Metody Program. 15, 239–257 (2014).Google Scholar
- 11.A. A. Aganin, L. A. Kosolapova, and V. G. Malakhov, “Numerical Simulation of the Evolution of a Gas Bubble in a Liquid near a Wall,” Mat. Model 29 (7), 15–28 (2017).Google Scholar
- 14.Yu. A. Itkulova (Pityuk), O. A. Abramova, N. A. Gumerov, and I. S. Akhatov, “Boundary Element Simulations of Free and Forced Bubble Oscillations in Potential Flow,” in Proc. of the Int. Mech. Engng Congress and Exposition, Montreal (Canada), November 14–20, 2014 (Amer. Soc. Mech. Eng, 2014), V007T09A059; https://doi.org/10.1115/IMECE2014-36972.
- 15.O. A. Abramova, I. S. Akhatov, N. A. Gumerov, et al., “Numerical and Experimental Study of the Dynamics of a Bubble in Contact with a Solid Surface,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 3, 3–13 (2018).Google Scholar