Stress Relaxation in Cylindrical Glass-To-Metal Junctions With Account for the Quality of a Junction Region
With account for a complex behavior of glass (the phenomenon of glass transition) and the degree of adhesion between glass and metal layers, a numerical-analytical method for calculating the evolution of a stress state of glass–metal composite during temperature treatment is proposed. The effect of relaxation processes in the glass–metal junction region on the technological and residual stresses in the composite is studied.
Keywordstechnological stresses glass transition relaxation processes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Pikul, “Effectiveness of Glass–Metal Composite,” Perspekt. Mater., No. 6, 63–65 (2000).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Pikul, V. K. Goncharuk, and I. G. Maslennikova, “A Cylindrical Shell Made of Glass–Metal Composite,” J. Appl. Mater. 756, 230–235 (2015).Google Scholar
- 3.O. N. Lyubimova, E. A. Gridasova, A. A. Gridasov, et al., “Characterization of Mechanical and Corrosion Properties of Newly Developed Glass–Steel Composites,” J. Mater. Technol. 50 (1), 95–100 (2016).Google Scholar
- 4.O. V. Mazurin, Annealing of Glass-to-Metal Junctions (Energiya, Leningrad, 1980) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.N. O. Gonchukova, “Calculation of Stresses in Plasma-Deposited Amorphous Metallic Coatings,” Fiz. Khim. Stekla 29 (3), 435–441 (2003) [Glass Phys. Chem. 29 (3), 310–315 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 10.N. N. Malinin, Applied Theory of Plasticity and Creep (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1968) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.A. A. Ilyushin and B. E. Pobedrya, Fundamentals of the Theory of Thermoviscoelasticity (Nauka, Moscow, 1970) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.V. A. Zhornik and Yu. A. Prokopenko, “Temperature Stresses in Double-Layer Cylinders,” in Science and Technologies, Vol. 1 (Izd. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Moscow, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.O. N. Lyubimova, A. V. Morkovkin, and S. A. Dryuk, “Structure of the Glass–Steel Junction Zone in the Technology of Manufacturing Glass–Steel Composites,” Materialovedenie, No. 7, 3–7 (2017).Google Scholar