Asymptotic Formula for the Spectrum of the Linear Problem Describing Periodic Polymer Flows in an Infinite Channel
- 2 Downloads
In this paper, we study a new rheological model (a modification of the well-known Pokrovskii–Vinogradov model) which is shown by computational experiments to take into account the nonlinear effects occurring during melt flows and polymer solutions in regions with complex boundary geometry. For the case where the main solution is an analogue of the Poiseuille flow in an infinite flat channel (viscoelastic polymer fluid considered), an asymptotic formula is obtained for the distribution of points of the spectrum of the linear problem. It is shown that small perturbations have the additional property of periodicity in the variable that runs along the axis of the channel.
Keywordsrheological model polymer medium Poiseuille type flow Lyapunov stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. A. Altukhov, I. E. Golovicheva, and G. V. Pyshnograi, “Molecular Approach in the Dynamics of Linear Polymers: Theory and Numerical Experiment,” Izv. Ross. Acad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 1, 3–13 (2000).Google Scholar
- 2.G. V. Pyshnograi, V. N. Pokrovskii, Yu. G. Yanovskii, et al., “The Constitutive Equation of Nonlinear Viscoelastic (Polymeric) Media in the Zero Approximation for Molecular-Theory Parameters and Consequences for Shear and Tension,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk 355 (9), 612–615 (1994).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. A. Altukhov, A. S. Gusev, M. A. Makarova, and G. V. Pyshnograi, “Generalization of the Poiseuille Law for Plane–Parallel Flow of Viscoelastic Media,” Mekh. Kompoz. Mater. Konstr. 13 (4), 581–590 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. A. Altukhov and G. V. Pyshnograi, “Input Flows in Channel 4: 1 of Fluid Linear Polymers,” Mekh. Kompoz. Mater. Konstr. 7 (1), 16–23 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. A. Altukhov, A. S. Gusev, and G. V. Pyshnograi, Introduction to the Mesoscopic Theory of Flowing Polymer Systems (Alt. Gos. Ped. Akad., Barnaul, 2012) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Blokhin and N. V. Bambaeva, Finding Poiseuille and Couette Type Solutions for the Equations of Incompressible Viscoelastic Polymer Fluid (Vestn. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Ser. Mat., Mekh. Informatika 11 (2), 3–14 (2011).Google Scholar
- 12.S. K. Godunov, Equations of Mathematical Physics (Nauka, Moscow, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.K. V. Brushlinskii, “On the Growth of the Solution of a Mixed Problem in the Case of Incomplete Eigenfunctions,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Mat., No. 23, 893–912 (1959).Google Scholar