Cherenkov Radiation in the Visible and Ultraviolet Spectral Ranges from 6-MeV Electrons Passing through a Quartz Plate
Cherenkov radiation and pulsed cathodoluminescence spectra in the ultraviolet, visible, and near infrared regions generated by a 6-MeV electron beam passing through GE-014 and KU1 quartz plates have been experimentally studied. The Cherenkov radiation spectrum has been recorded in the ultraviolet and visible regions and its change is shown at the variation of the angle between the plane of the plate and the direction of the electron beam. The data on the conditions of recording of the Cherenkov radiation spectra at the excitation of plane-parallel plates of quartz, sapphire, and diamond have been presented. It has been shown that the total internal reflection in the crystals with a high refractive index imposes certain conditions on the geometry of the output of Cherenkov radiation into vacuum at electron energies above 500 kev.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.M. J. Sadowski, Nukleonika 56, 85 (2011).Google Scholar
- 8.D. A. Sorokin, A. G. Burachenko, D. V. Beloplotov, V. F. Tarasenko, E. Kh. Baksht, E. I. Lipatov, and M. I. Lomaev, J. Appl. Phys. 122, 154902 (2017).Google Scholar
- 11.V. P. Zrelov, Vavilov-Cherenkov Radiation and Its Application in High-Energy Physics (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1968; Israel Program for Scientific Translations, Jerusalem, 1970), Vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 13.A. V. Vukolov, A. I. Novokshonov, A. P. Potylitsyn, and S. R. Uglov, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 732, 012011 (2016).Google Scholar
- 15.G. Trubnikov, N. Agapov, V. Alexandrov, et al., in Proceedings of the 11th European Particle Accelerator Conference EPAC'08, June 23–27, 2008, p. 2581.Google Scholar