On the Possibility of Superconductivity in Bilayer Heterostructures
- 4 Downloads
A model is created for bilayer heterostructures in a strong magnetic field which makes it possible to neglect the Coulomb interaction. The thermodynamic instability of states of the electron system in a strong magnetic field leads to the formation of a periodic vortex lattice. The case is considered where the electron density is close to the density of the half-filled Landau level. An electron spectrum is found and an analog of the Cooper effect appearing under the Bogoliubov canonical transformation for electron Fermi operators is studied.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.New Perspectives in QHE, Ed. by S. Das Sarma and A. Pinczuk (Wiley, New York, 1997).Google Scholar
- 2.S. M. Girvin and A. H. Mac Donald, in New Perspectives in QHE, Ed. by S. Das Sarma and A. Pinczuk (Wiley, New York, 1997).Google Scholar
- 5.S. V. Iordansky and D. S. Lubshin, J. Phys. Condens. Matter 21, 45661 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 3: Quantum Mechanics: Non-Relativistic Theory (Nauka, Moscow, 1972; Pergamon, New York, 1977).Google Scholar
- 7.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 8: Electrodynamics of Continuous Media (Nauka, Moscow, 1982; Pergamon, New York, 1984).Google Scholar
- 9.G. L. Bir and G. E. Pikus, Symmetry and Stain-Induced Effects in Semiconductors (Nauka, Moscow, 1972; Wiley, New York, 1975).Google Scholar
- 10.N. N. Bogolyubov, Sov. Phys. JETP 7, 41 (1958).Google Scholar
- 12.A. A. Abrikosov, Fundamentals of the Theory of Metals (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1988; Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2009).Google Scholar
- 13.L. D. Landau, J. Phys. (USSR) 5, 71 (1941).Google Scholar