Numerical Simulation and Experimental Studies of the RF Power Circuit of Waveguide СO2 Lasers
- 4 Downloads
The features of the radio-frequency (RF) paths of waveguide CO2 lasers with a transverse capacitive discharge are considered with the aim of increasing the energy-transfer efficiency and reducing the discharge-ignition instability. The theoretical model of the laser RF path takes the properties of the optical waveguide as a long line into account, as well as the influence of the laser-head housing material and the matching circuit on the parameters of the RF path. The dependence of the laser-pulse energy stability on the Q-factor of the laser internal circuit is shown. The simulation results in the absence of discharge plasma are compared with the experimental data. The RF path was theoretically simulated under the conditions of the presence of discharge plasma, and the dependences of the efficiency of introducing the power into the discharge on the elements of the matching circuit are plotted.
- 3.Degnan, J.J., Rev. Appl. Phys., 1976, no. 11, p. 1. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00895012
- 5.Plinski, E.F., Opt. Appl., 1989, vol. 19, no. 1, p. 63.Google Scholar
- 10.Lopez, R. and Villagomez, R., Instrum. Sci. Technol., 2010, no. 38, p. 52. https://doi.org/10.1080/10739140903430040
- 11.Villagomez, R., Lopez, R., Cortes, R., and Coello, V., Optik, 2007, no. 118, p. 110. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2006.01.013
- 12.Raizer, Yu.P., Fizika gazovogo razryada (Physics of Gas Discharge), Moscow: Nauka, 1987, p. 530.Google Scholar