Evolution of the Structure and Properties of AK10M2N Silumin under Irradiation with a High-Intensity Pulsed Electron Beam
- 18 Downloads
The structure of cast AK10M2N silumin has been studied by scanning electron microscopy. The results demonstrate that the silumin is a multiphase material containing silicon and intermetallic inclusions. Irradiation of silumin with a high-intensity electron beam has been shown to be accompanied by melting of the surface layer, dissolution of the silicon and intermetallic inclusions, formation of a cellular crystallization structure, and secondary precipitation of submicron- and nanometer-sized second-phase particles. Dispersion of the structure of the surface layer is accompanied by an improvement of the mechanical properties of the silumin.
Keywords:silumin electron beam electron microscopy wear resistance structure microhardness surface
This work was supported in part by the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (basic research project no. 0366-2016-0009) and the Russian Federation Ministry of Education and Science (state research target no. 3.1283.2017/4.6).
- 3.Belov, N.A., Eskin, D.G., and Aksenov, A.A., Multicomponent Phase Diagrams: Applications for Commercial Aluminum Alloys, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2005.Google Scholar
- 9.Ueyama, D., Saitoh, Y., Ishikawa, N., Ohmura, T., Semboshi, S., Hori, F., and Iwase, A., Hardness modification of Al–Mg–Si alloy by using energetic ion beam irradiation, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. A, 2015, vol. 351, pp. 1–5.Google Scholar
- 11.Ivanov, Yu.F., Petrikova, E.A., Teresov, A.D., Tkachenko, A.V., Bibik, N.V., and Cherenda, N.N., Application of high-intensity electron beams for modifying the structure and properties of silumin, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., 2014, vol. 57, no. 3-3, pp. 144–147.Google Scholar
- 13.Gromov, V.E., Ivanov, Yu.F., Alsaraeva, K.V., Konovalov, S.V., Kalashnikov, M.P., and Petrikova, E.A., Structural and phase changes accompanying fatigue of silumin after electron-beam pretreatment, Aviats. Prom–st., 2015, no. 3, pp. 35–40.Google Scholar
- 18.Hao, Y., Gao, B., Tu, G.F., Li, S.W., Dong, C., and Zhang, Z.G., Improved wear resistance of Al–15Si alloy with a high current pulsed electron beam treatment, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. B, 2011, vol. 269, no. 13, pp. 1499–1505.Google Scholar
- 20.Rotshtein, V., Ivanov, Yu., and Markov, A., Surface treatment of materials with low-energy, high-current electron beams, Materials Surface Processing by Directed Energy Techniques, Pauleau, Y., Ed., Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2006, chapter 6, pp. 205–240.Google Scholar