Mechanisms of the Recombination of Oxygen and Nitrogen Atoms on Quartz
- 3 Downloads
A heterogeneous recombination of nitrogen and oxygen atoms is considered. The installation and the method to determine the probability of heterogeneous recombination of oxygen and nitrogen atoms by resonance fluorescence spectroscopy under strictly controlled conditions are described. The variation of the recombination probability of nitrogen and oxygen atoms on the quartz surface is studied in the temperature range of 297–1000 K and pressures of 0.01–10 mbar. The regions of pressure and temperature in which recombination occurs predominantly according to the Langmuir–Hinshelwood mechanism or the Eley–Rideal mechanism are distinguished. Data on the recombination activation energy are presented. The recombination of nitrogen and oxygen atoms occurs mainly at various active centers.
The work was supported within the program of joint fundamental research in the field of aerospace technologies of the Zhukovsky Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute and institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences and by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 18-08-00020-a.
- 1.Kovalev, V.L., Geterogennye kataliticheskie protsessy v aerotermodinamike (Heterogeneous Catalytic Processes in Aerothermodynamics), Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2002.Google Scholar
- 3.Aleksandrov, E.N., Egorov, I.V., Zhestkov, B.E., Kozlov, S.N., and Rusakov, S.V., in Rezul’taty fundamental’nykh issledovanii v prikladnykh zadachakh aviastroeniya (Results of Fundamental Research in Aircraft Engineering Applications), Moscow: Nauka, 2016, p. 150.Google Scholar
- 8.Kozlov, S.N., Aleksandrov, E.N., Zhestkov, B.E., and Kislyuk, M.U., Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci. (Engl. Transl.), 1987, vol. 36, no. 11, p. 2272.Google Scholar
- 10.Jumper, E.J., Newman, M., Seward, W.A., and Kitchen, D.R., Recombination of nitrogen on silica-based, thermal-protection-tile-like surfaces, AIAA Paper, no. 93–0477, 1993.Google Scholar
- 13.Gerasimova, O.E. and Borisov, S.F., The study of the atomic oxygen recombination on silica by molecular dynamic method, Fiz.-Khim. Kin. Gaz. Din., 2007, no. 5. http://chemphys.edu.ru/issues/2007-5/articles/31/.Google Scholar
- 14.Aleksandrov, E.N., Doctoral (Chem.) Dissertation, Moscow: Inst. Chem. Phys., Russ. Acad. Sci., 1986.Google Scholar
- 15.Fünfer, E. and Neuert, H., Zählrohre und Szintillationszähler (Counter Tubes and Scintillation Counters), Karlsruhe: Braun, 1959.Google Scholar
- 16.Samson, J.A.R., Techniques of Vacuum Ultraviolet Spectroscopy, New York: Wiley, 1967.Google Scholar
- 17.Zhestkov, B.E. and Grachev, N.N., Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 1984, vol. 54, no. 4, p. 716.Google Scholar
- 18.Kholodkova, N.V. and Kholodkov, I.V., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 2014, vol. 57, no. 2, p. 3.Google Scholar