Surface Properties of Melts of Binary Systems of Alkali Metals
- 3 Downloads
The results of calculations of the surface properties of melts of alkali-metal systems based on experimental surface tension isotherms are presented. It is shown that the authors of the equation of the surface-tension isotherm have described experimental isotherms of the surface tension of binary alkali-metal systems with high accuracy. The results of calculations of the parameters of the surface-tension isotherm β and F, the component adsorption, and the surface composition of the melts of binary alkali-metal systems in approximations of ideal and real solutions are given. Analysis of the results shows that the binary systems Na–K, K–Rb, and Rb–Cs are closer than others to the ideal system. It is noted that one of the determining factors in the adsorption processes of components of binary alkali-metal systems is geometric: the greater is the ionic radius of the added component of the solvent radius, the stronger is the adsorption of the added (second) component of the binary system.
The authors express their gratitude to Professor B.B. Alchagirov for kindly providing the results of his experiments on the study of the surface-tension isotherms of alkali metals for data treatment.
- 1.Alchagirov, B.B., Karamurzov, B.S., Taova, T.M., and Khokonov, Kh.B., Plotnost’ i poverkhnostnye svoistva zhidkikh shchelochnykh i legkoplavkikh metallov i splavov (Density and Surface Properties of Liquid Alkali and Low-Melting Metals and Alloys), Nal’chik: Kabard.-Balkar. Gos. Univ., 2011.Google Scholar
- 2.Popel’, S.I., Poverkhnostnye yavleniya v rasplavakh (Surface Phenomena in Melts), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1994.Google Scholar
- 5.Kalazhokov, Z.Kh., Kalazhoko, Zaur Kh., Kalazhokov, Kh.Kh., Karamurzov, B.S., and Khokonov, Kh.B., Vestn. Kazan. Tekhnol. Univ., 2014, vol. 17, no. 21, p. 104.Google Scholar
- 6.Frolov, Yu.G., Kurs kolloidnoi khimii. Poverkhnostnye yavleniya i dispersnye sistemy (Colloid Cchemistry: Surface Phenomena and Disperse Systems), Moscow: Khimiya, 1988.Google Scholar
- 7.Semenchenko, I.K., Izbrannye glavy teoreticheskoi fiziki (Selected Chapters of Theoretical Physics), Moscow: Prosveshchenie, 1966.Google Scholar
- 8.Zadumkin, S.N. and Khokonov, Kh.B., Fizika mezhfaznykh yavlenii. Adsorbtsiya (Interphase Physics: Adsorption), Nal’chik: Kabard.-Balkar. Gos. Univ., 1982.Google Scholar
- 9.Rusanov, A.I., Fazovye ravnovesiya i poverkhnostnye yavleniya (Phase Equilibria and Surface Phenomena), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1967.Google Scholar