Acoustic Waves in a Liquid with Solid Particles and Gas Bubbles
The mathematical model which determines acoustic wave propagation in a mixture of liquid with gas bubbles and solid particles is proposed. A system of differential equations is written and the dispersion relation is derived. Low- and high-frequency asymptotics of the phase velocity in the mixture considered are found and illustrated. The effect of solid particles and gas bubbles on acoustic wave dispersion and dissipation is indicated. For the mixture of fluid with solid particles considered the speed of sound is compared with available experimental data.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D. A. Gubaidullin, A. A. Nikiforov, and Yu. V. Fedorov, “A Review on Bubbly Liquid Acoustics,” in: Topical Problems of ContinuumMechanics. To 25th Anniversary of the Institute ofMechanics and Engineering of Kazan Science Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Izd-vo “Fen” ANR, Kazan, 2016) [in Russian], pp. 30–47.Google Scholar
- 3.S. M. Rytov, V. V. Vladimirskii, and M. D. Galanin, “Sound Propagation in Disperse Systems,” Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 8, No. 5, 614–621 (1938).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Vladimirskii and M. D. Galanin, “Ultrasound Absorption in a Water-Mercury Emulsion,” Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 9, 233–236 (1939).Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Isakovich, “Propagation of Sound in Emulsions,” Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 18, No. 10, 907–912 (1948).Google Scholar
- 7.I. A. Ratinskaya, “Attenuation of Sound in Emulsions,” Akust. Zh. 8, No. 2, 210–215 (1962).Google Scholar
- 15.V. E. Dontsov, V. E. Nakoryakov, and B. G. Pokusaev,” Reflection of Pressure Waves on the Boundary between a Liquid and a Three-PhaseMedium,” Akust. Zh. 42, No. 6, 783–788 (1996).Google Scholar
- 16.V. E. Dontsov and B. G. Pokusaev,” Reflection of a Shock Waves from the Rigid Wall in a Suspension of a Liquid with Solid Particles and Gas Bubbles,” Akust. Zh. 45, No. 2, 215–222 (1999).Google Scholar
- 17.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Theoretical Physics. Vol. 6. Fluid Mechanics (Pergamon, Oxford, 1987; Nauka, Moscow, 1986).Google Scholar
- 18.V. S. Fedotovskii, Hydrodynamic Forces Exerted on Vibrating Spherical and Cylindrical Inclusions. Preprint No. 1473 (FEI, Obninsk, 1983) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 19.R. I. Nigmatulin, “Small-Scale Flows and Surface Effects in Hydrodynamics of Multiphase Media,” Prikl. Mat. Mekh. 35, No. 3, 451–463 (1971).Google Scholar
- 20.R. I. Nigmatulin, Dynamics of Multiphase Media, Vol. 1 (Hemisphere, Washington, 1989; Nauka, Moscow, 1987).Google Scholar
- 22.A. G. Petrov, Analytic Hydrodynamics (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 23.D. A. Gubaidullin, Dynamics of Two-Phase Vapor-Gas-Droplet Media (Kazan Mat. Soc., Kazan, 1998) [in Russian].Google Scholar