A New Genus and Two New Species of Gelechiid Moths of the Subfamily Anacampsinae (Lepidoptera, Gelechiidae) from Laos
- 4 Downloads
A new genus, Vientiana gen. n. with the species V. patricki gen. et sp. n., is described from the central part of Laos. The new genus represents a separate lineage in the subfamily Anacampsinae. It is somewhat related to Battaristis Meyrick, as the male genitalia of the Far Eastern species B. majuscula M. Omelko et N. Omelko and V. patricki sp. n. have a similar plate-shaped juxta. The genus Semophylax Meyrick has hitherto comprised only two species: S. apicepuncta (Busck), known from the southern North America and northern South America, and S. verecunda (M. Omelko) (nomen correctum!), described from Vietnam by a single male. A new species, S. crassiuscula sp. n., is described from southern Laos and the previously unknown female of S. verecunda is documented and illustrated, based on material of both sexes collected in central Laos.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Clarke, J.F.G., Catalogue of the Type Specimens of Microlepidoptera in the British Museum (Natural History) Described by Edward Meyrick. Vol. 7. Gelechiidae (British Museum (Natural History), London, 1969).Google Scholar
- 3.ICZN, 2000. International Code of Zoological Nomenclature. The Fourth Issue. Accepted by International Union of Biological Sciences: Translated from English and French (Zoologicheskii Institut, Russian Academy of Sciences, St. Petersburg, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.Meyrick, E., Exotic Microlepidoptera (London, 1932), vol. 4, pt. 15, pp. 193–224.Google Scholar
- 5.Omelko, M.M, “Two New Species and Genera of Gelechiid Moths of the Subfamily Gelechiinae (Lepidoptera, Gelechiidae) from Vietnam,” Trudy Zoologicheskogo Instituta AN SSSR 176, 129–133 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.Omelko, M.M., “Fam. Gelechiidae,” in Key to the Insects of the Russian Far East, (Dalnauka, Vladivostok, 1999), vol. 5, pt. 2, pp. 102–194 [in Russian].Google Scholar