New Fibrillar Composites Based on Biodegradable Poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) and Polylactide Polyesters with High Selective Absorption of Oil from Water Medium
- 12 Downloads
Ultrafine polyester fibers composed of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate), polylactide, and their various blends were obtained by electrospinning. The fibers were shown to have high absorption capacity towards oil, which is comparable with that of currently used absorbents. An advantage of the proposed systems is their biodegradability, which allows their subsequent disposal. In combination with moderate water absorption, the systems being developed can be considered as promising absorbents for crude oil and oil products from oil–water media in case of environmental accidents and water pollution.
The authors are grateful to the Biomer company (Krailing, Germany) and personally to Dr. U. Heanggi for the provided certified PHB.
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project 18-29-05017-mk.
- 1.Samoilov, N.A., Khlestkin, R.N., Shemetov, A.V., and Shammazov, A.A., Sorbtsionnyi metod likvidatsii avariinykh razlivov nefti i nefteproduktov (Sorption Method of Liquidation of Emergency Oil and Oil Products Spills), Moscow: Khimiya, 2001.Google Scholar
- 2.Zhang, T., Li, Z., Lu, Y., Liu, Y., Yang, D., Li, Q., and Qiu, F., Chin. J. Chem. Eng., 2018, vol. 1248, no. 8, pp. 461–479.Google Scholar
- 5.Ol’khov, A.A., Karpova, S.G., Staroverova, O.V., Kucherenko, E.L., Ishchenko, A.A., and Iordanskii, A.L., Khim. Volokna, 2016, no. 4, pp. 28–36.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhulkina, A.L., Markin, V.S., and Iordanskii, A.L.J., J. Balkan Tribol. Assoc., 2008, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 252–259.Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, Y., Cao, K., Karpova, S., Olkhov, A., Filatova, A., Zhulkina, A., Burkov, A., Fomin, S.V., Rosa, D.S., and Iordanskii, A.L., Macromol. Symp., 2018, vol. 381, no. 1.Google Scholar
- 8.Samoilov, N.A., Khlestkin, R.N., and Konseisao, A.A., Khim. Tekhnol. Topliv Masel, 2007, no. 2, pp. 42–46.Google Scholar