Limited Solid Solution Li(Ni0.33Mn0.33Co0.33)1 – xFexO2 with an α-NaFeO2 Structure
Compositions Li(Ni0.33Mn0.33Co0.33)1 – xFexO2 (0 ≤ х ≤ 1) of the LiNiO2–LiMnO2–LiCoO2–LiFeO2 concentration tetrahedron have been studied. Samples were synthesized by gel combustion with starch, which afforded, for the first time, the impurity-free stable solid solution LiNi0.2Mn0.2Co0.2Fe0.4O2 with an α-NaFeO2 layered structure used as a cathode matrix of lithium-ion batteries. Electrochemical testing of homogeneous LiNi0.2Mn0.2Co0.2Fe0.4O2 and the LiNi0.3Mn0.3Co0.3Fe0.1O2 sample with the lowest iron content has been carried out. The results expand the understanding of the possibility of saturation with iron of Li(Ni,Mn,Co)O2 with an α-NaFeO2 structure and indicate the feasibility of further studying the homogeneity volume and properties of the Li(Ni,Mn,Co,Fe)O2 solid solution.
The work was performed in the framework of the State assignment of the Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry and Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry, RAS, in the field of basic research.
- 1.Kulova, T.L. and Skundin, A.M., Elektrokhimiya, 2016, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 563–588.Google Scholar
- 4.El Mofid, W., Synthesis and characterization of novel cathode material with improved specific capacity and safety for lithium ion batteries, PhD Thesis, Techniscen Universitat Ilmenau, 2016.Google Scholar
- 5.Li, J., Chen, J., Li, J., et al., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2015, vol. 10, pp. 838–847.Google Scholar
- 8.Smirnova, M.E., Kop’eva, M.A., and Beresnev, E.N., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 2018, vol. 63, no. №10, pp. 1257–1261.Google Scholar
- 9.Safronov, D.V., Novikova, S.A., Kulova, T.L., Skundin, A.M., and Yaroslavtsev, A.B., Neorg. Mater., 2012, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 598–605.Google Scholar