Combined Irradiation by Gamma Rays and Carbon Nuclei Increases the C/EBP-β LIP Isoform Content in the Pituitary Gland of Rats
- 7 Downloads
C/EBP-β, a basic leucine zipper transcription factor, has important roles in the regulation of the body immune and inflammatory responses. Wistar rats subjected to combined irradiation were characterized by an increase in the content of the C/EBP-β LIP isoform in the pituitary gland. The obtained data indicate that moderate doses of ionizing radiation to initiate the endoplasmic reticulum stress response and are likely to initiate C/EBP-β-mediated cell death according to the apoptotic scenario. This study also confirms the earlier hypothesis about the alterations of the hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenocortical axis in response to moderate doses of ionizing radiation.
This study was supported by the Russian Science Foundation, project no. 17-74-10079).
COMPLIANCE WITH ETHICAL STANDARDS
Conflict of interests. The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Statement on the welfare of animals. All applicable international national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals were followed.
- 3.ElSayed, S.A. and Bhimji, S.S., Physiology, Pituitary Gland, Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls, 2019.Google Scholar
- 5.Li, Y., Bevilacqua, E., Chiribau, C.B., Majumder, M., Wang, C., Croniger, C.M., Snider, M.D., Johnson, P.F., and Hatzoglou, M., J. Biol. Chem., 2008, vol. 283, no. 33, pp. 22 443–22 456.Google Scholar
- 8.Timchenko, N., Wang, A.G. L., and Timchenko, L.T., J. Biol. Chem., 2005, vol. 280, no. 21, pp. 20 549–20 557.Google Scholar
- 10.Fan, Y., Liu, Z., Weinstein, P.R., Fike, J.R. and Liu, J., Eur. J. Neurosci., 2007, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 38–46.Google Scholar
- 11.Haddad, L., Evans, J.C., Gharani, N., Robertson, C., Rush, K., Wiltshire, S., Frayling, T.M., Wilkin, T.J., Demaine, A., Millward, A., Hattersley, A.T., Conway, G., Cox, N.J., Bell, G.I., Franks, S. and McCarthy, M.I., J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., 2002, vol. 87, no. 6, pp. 2606–2610.Google Scholar