Development and Application of Numerical Methods for Equations of Mixed Type in an Unbounded Domain
- 2 Downloads
We propose a generalization of methods for solving problems for a linear elliptic operator with a known fundamental solution in an unbounded domain to the case of mixed-type problems. Two new methods are constructed, the method of setting integral boundary conditions and a three-stage iterative method. The scope of the methods constructed is limited to the cases where the operators have a known fundamental solution outside some finite domain. Numerical algorithms implemented as computer software are created to solve particular problems with the methods proposed. The applicability of the methods to differential and integro-differential equations in the two-dimensional case and the possible applicability to three-dimensional problems are demonstrated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Galanin, M.P. and Nizkaya, T.V., Development and application of a numerical method for solving linear elliptic equations in an unbounded domain, Prepr. IPM im. M.V. Keldysha, 2005, no. 2.Google Scholar
- 3.Il’gamov, M.A. and Gil’manov, A.N., Neotrazhayushchie usloviya na granitsakh raschetnoi oblasti (Nonreflective Conditions at the Boundaries of the Computational Domain), Moscow: Nauka, Fizmatlit, 2003.Google Scholar
- 8.Galanin, M.P. and Sorokin, D.L., Development and application of numerical methods to solving problems in an unbounded domain based on the third Green formula, Prepr. IPM im. M.V. Keldysha, 2018, no. 246.Google Scholar
- 9.Samarskii, A.A., Teoriya raznostnykh skhem (Theory of Difference Schemes), Moscow: Nauka, 1989.Google Scholar
- 10.Samarskii, A.A. and Nikolaev, E.S., Metody resheniya setochnykh uravnenii (Methods for Solving Grid Equations), Moscow: Nauka, 1978.Google Scholar
- 12.Galanin, M.P. and Savenkov, E.B., Metody chislennogo analiza matematicheskikh modelei (Methods of Numerical Analysis of Mathematical Models), Moscow: Bauman Moscow State Tech. Univ., 2010.Google Scholar