Asymptotic Behavior of Singular Solutions of Emden-Fowler Type Equations
- 8 Downloads
We study the behavior of singular solutions of the Emden-Fowler type equation y(n) = p(x, y, y’,..., y(n-1)|y|k sgn y, n > 2, with a regular (k > 1) or singular (0 < k < 1) nonlinearity. A singular solution is a solution that has a vertical (possibly, resonance) asymptote (for k > 1) or a solution that vanishes together with derivatives of order < n at some point or has a point of accumulation of zeros (for 0 < k < 1).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Astashova, I.V., Application of dynamical systems to studying asymptotic properties of solutions of higher-order nonlinear differential equations, Sovrem. Mat. Prilozh., 2003, vol. 8. pp. 3–33.Google Scholar
- 3.Astashova, I.V., Qualitative properties of solutions to quasilinear ordinary differential equations, in Qualitative Properties of Solutions to Differential Equations and Related Topics in Spectral Analysis, Moscow: YUNITI-DANA, 2012, pp. 22–290.Google Scholar
- 7.Astashova, I. and Vasilev, V., On nonpower-law behavior of blow-up solutions to Emden-Fowler type higher-order differential equations, in Int. Workshop QUALITDE-2018, December 1–3, 2018, Tbilisi, 2018, pp. 11–15.Google Scholar
- 9.Astashova, I.V., On asymptotic behavior of blow-up solutions to higher-order differential equations with general nonlinearity, in Differential and Difference Equations with Applications. ICDDEA 2017. Springer Proc. Math. Stat., Pinelas, S., Caraballo, T., Kloeden, P., and Graef, J., Eds., 2018, vol. 230, pp. 1–12, doi: 10.10072F978-3-319-75647-91.MathSciNetzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 10.Astashova, I.V., On the atypicality of asymptotically power-law solutions of an Emden-Fowler type equation of high order, Algebra i Analiz, 2019, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 152–173.Google Scholar
- 13.Kondrat’ev, V.A. and Samovol, V.S., On some asymptotic properties of solutions of Emden-Fowler type equations, Differ. Uravn., 1981, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 749–750.Google Scholar
- 16.Bartušek, M. and Došlá, Z., Asymptotic problems for fourth-order nonlinear differential equations, Boundary Value Probl., 2013, vol. 89, doi: 10.1186/1687-2770-2013-89.Google Scholar
- 21.Astashova, I., On qualitative properties and asymptotic behavior of solutions to higher-order nonlinear differential equations, WSEAS Transact. Math., 2017, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 39–47.Google Scholar
- 25.Astashova, I., On asymptotic classification of solutions to nonlinear regular and singular third- and fourth-order differential equations with power nonlinearity, in Differential and Difference Equations with Applications. ICDDEA, Amadora, Portugal, May 2015, Selected Contributions, Pinelas, S., Došlá, Z., Došlý, O., and Kloeden, P.E., Eds., New York: Springer, 2016, pp. 191–204.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 26.Astashova, I.V., Asymptotic classification of solutions of singular fourth-order Emden-Fowler type equations with constant negative potential, Tr. Semin. im. I. G. Petrovskogo, 2016, vol. 31, pp. 3–21.Google Scholar
- 27.Astashova, I.V., On asymptotic classification of solutions of nonlinear equations of the third and fourth orders with a power nonlinearity, Vestn. Mosk. Gos. Tekh. Univ. im. N.E. Baumana, 2015, no. 2(59), pp. 3–25.Google Scholar
- 29.Dulina, K.M. and Korchemkina, T.A., Asymptotic classification of solutions of second-order Emden- Fowler type equations with negative potential, Vestn. Samar. Gos. Univ. Estestvenno-Nauchn. Ser., 2015, vol. 128, no. 6, pp. 50–56.Google Scholar