Separation of the Galactic Cosmic Rays and Inner Earth Radiation Belt Contributions to the Daily Dose Onboard the International Space Station in 2005–2011
- 4 Downloads
The DB-8 detectors of the ISS radiation monitoring system (RMS) have operated almost continuously onboard the ISS service module since August 2001 till December 2014. The RMS data obtained were used for the daily monitoring of the radiation environment aboard the station. This paper considers the technique of RMS data analysis that allows one to distinguish the contributions of galactic cosmic rays and the Earth’s inner radiation belt to the daily dose based on the dosimetry data obtained as a result of the station’s passage in areas of the highest geomagnetic latitudes. The paper presents the results of an analysis of the dosimetry data based on this technique for 2005–2011, as well as a comparison with similar results the authors obtained previously using the technique based on an analysis of the dosimetry data obtained during station passages in the area of the South Atlantic Anomaly.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Panasyuk, M., Biryukov, A., Myasnikov, A., et al., Description of the space radiation control system for the Russian segment of ISS, in The 12th IAA Man in Space Symposium, Washington, D.C., 1997, p. 326.Google Scholar
- 3.Lyagushin, V.I., Volkov, A.N., Aleksandrin, A.P., et al., Preliminary results from the measurement of absorbed dosage according to data of the radiation control system of the Russian segment of the International Space Station, Vopr. At. Nauki Tekh., Ser.: Fiz. Radiats. Vozdeistv. Radioelektron. Appar., 2002, no. 4, pp. 22–25.Google Scholar
- 4.Model’ kosmosa (Space Model), Moscow: Knizhnyi dom, 2007, vol. 1, pp. 642–667.Google Scholar
- 5.Kosmicheskaya geofizika (Cosmical Geophysics), Egeland, A, Holter, Ø, and Omholt, A, Eds., Oslo: Universitetsforlaget, 1973; Moscow: Mir, 1976, pp. 517–518.Google Scholar
- 6.Hamming, R.W., Digital Filters, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice Hall, 1977; Moscow: Sovetskoe radio, 1980, pp. 58–112.Google Scholar