Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling of Combustion of Synthetic Fuel of Thermochemical Heat Recuperation Systems
- 26 Downloads
CFD modeling of the combustion of synthetic fuel formed in the systems of thermochemical recuperation of waste flue gas heat due to steam methane reforming was performed using the ANSYS Fluent software. Scientific justification and validation of the physicomathematical approaches involved the ANSYS Fluent for the problems of modeling the combustion of multicomponent hydrogen-containing gas mixtures. Numerical results were validated against experimental data. A visual comparison of the flame contours obtained by burning syngas at Reynolds numbers of 600, 800, and 1000 was performed. In all cases there is obvious convergence of the results. Change in the temperature of the fuel–air mixture at the entrance to the combustion chamber was found to have no significant effect on the temperature of the combustion products. The obtained results are of practical importance for the design of burner units of high-temperature plants with thermochemical heat recuperation.
Keywordshydrogen combustion syngas thermochemical recuperation CFD modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Soria, “World Energy Technology Outlook 2050,” Eur. Commission (Joint Res. Center, 2006), Vol.21.Google Scholar
- 6.D. I. Pashchenko and M. N. Nikitin, “Thermochemical Recuperation Flue Gas Heat and Its Solutions,” Prom. Energ., No. 6, 47–50 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.D. I. Pashchenko and I. S. Naplekov, “ANSYS CFD Modeling of the Characteristics of a Steam Ejector for Heating Oil and Oil Products,” Ekspoz. Neft Gaz, No. 2(68), 54–58 (2018).Google Scholar
- 8.D. O. Glushkov, G. V. Kuznetsov, and P. A. Strizhak, “Numerical Study of the Effect of Burnout on the Ignition Characteristics of Polymer under Local Heating,” Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva 53 (2), 59–70 (2017) [Combust., Expl., Shock Waves 53 (2), 176–186 (2017)].Google Scholar
- 10.M. Arablu and E. Poursaedi, “Using CFD for NOx Emission Simulation in a Dual Fuel Boiler,” Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva 47 (4), 59–69 (2011) [Combust., Expl., Shock Waves 47 (4), 426–436 (2011)].Google Scholar
- 14.B. Rajh, C. Yin, N. Samec, M. Hribersek, and F. Kokal, “CFD Modeling and Energy of Waste-to-Energy Plant Burning Waste Wood,” in Proc. of the 14th Int. Waste Management and Landfill Symp. (CISA, Padova, Italy, 2013).Google Scholar
- 18.P. A. Batrakov, A. N. Mrakin, and A. A. Selivanov, “Numerical Study of the Formation of Nitric Oxide in Combustors of a Non-Circular Profile,” Din. Sist., Mekhaniz. Mashin 2 (1), 318–322 (2016).Google Scholar