Control Systems with Vector Relays
The paper presents the evolution of discontinuous control systems starting from a relay with only two output constant values. The relay systems were widely used at the early stage of the feedback control system history. The analysis and design methods for them were developed by Ya. Tsypkin and discussed in his monograph “Theory of relay control systems,” published in 1956. It is shown how a relay function is modified in the so-called variable structure systems, when the relay output cab be equal to one of two continuous state functions. The next step is made in the framework of variable structure systems with vector control. The design procedure for systems with vector relay control relies on selection of a discontinuity surface for each control component. High efficiency of such designed systems results from enforcing sliding modes on the surfaces. Finally, the vector relay unit control is offered. The method is free of the component-wise design and proved to be applicable for infinite-dimensional systems.
Keywordssliding mode discontinuity surface regularization convex set
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kulebakin, V., To the Theory of Automatic Vibrational Regulators for Electric Motors, Teor. Eksp. Elektron., 1932, no. 4, pp. 3–21.Google Scholar
- 3.Tsypkin, Ya., Teoriya releinykh sistem avtomaticheskogo regulirovaniya (Theory of Relay Control Systems), Moscow: Gostekhizdat, 1955.Google Scholar
- 4.Nikolskii, G.N., On Automatic Stability of a Ship on the Given Course, Tr. Tsentr. Lab. Provodnoi Svyazi, 1934, no. 1, pp. 34–75.Google Scholar
- 5.Proc. 2nd All Union Control Conf., Discussion, 1955, vol. v, pp. 460–462.Google Scholar
- 6.Neymark, Yu.I., Note on A. Filippov’s Paper, Proc. 1st IFAC Congr., London: Butterworth, 1960.Google Scholar
- 7.Teoriya sistem s peremennoi strukturoi (Theory of Variable Structure Systems), Emelyanov, S., Ed., Moscow: Nauka, 1970.Google Scholar
- 8.Utkin, V., Skol’zyashchie rezhimy i ikh primenenie v sistemakh s peremennoi strukturoi (Sliding Mode and Their Application in Variable Structure Systems, Moscow: Nauka, 1974.Google Scholar
- 11.Gutman, S. and Leitmann, G., Stabilizing Feedback Control for Dynamic Systems with Bounded Uncertainties, Proc. Conf. Decision Control, 1976, pp. 94–99.Google Scholar
- 13.Barbashin, E.A., Vvedenie v teoriyu ustoichivosti (Introduction to Stability Theory), Moscow: Nauka, 1967.Google Scholar