Stochastic Approximation Algorithm with Randomization at the Input for Unsupervised Parameters Estimation of Gaussian Mixture Model with Sparse Parameters
We consider the possibilities of using stochastic approximation algorithms with randomization on the input under unknown but bounded interference in studying the clustering of data generated by a mixture of Gaussian distributions. The proposed algorithm, which is robust to external disturbances, allows us to process the data “on the fly” and has a high convergence rate. The operation of the algorithm is illustrated by examples of its use for clustering in various difficult conditions.
Keywordsclustering unsupervised learning randomization stochastic approximation Gaussian mixture model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was partially supported by the Russian Science Foundation, project no. 16-19-00057.
- 2.Robbins, H. and Monro, S., A Stochastic Approximation Method, Ann. Math. Stat., 1951, pp. 400–407.Google Scholar
- 7.Polyak, B.T. and Tsybakov, A.B., Optimal Orders of Accuracy for Search Algorithms of Stochastic Optimization, Probl. Peredachi Inf., 1990, 26, 2, pp. 45–53.Google Scholar
- 8.Rastrigin, L.A., Statisticheskie metody poiska (Statistical Search Methods), Moscow: Nauka, 1968.Google Scholar
- 13.Shindler, M., Wong, A., and Meyerson, A., Fast and Accurate k-means For Large Datasets, Proc. 24th NIPS Conf., 2011.Google Scholar
- 14.Sculley, D., Web Scale K-Means Clustering, Proc. 19th WWW Conf., Raleigh, North Carolina, 2010.Google Scholar
- 15.Katselis, D., Beck, C.L., and van der Schaar, M., Ensemble Online Clustering through Decentralized Observations, Proc. 53rd IEEE CDC, Los Angeles, 2014, pp. 910–915.Google Scholar
- 20.Song, M. and Wang, H., Highly Efficient Incremental Estimation of GMM for Online Data Stream Clust, Proc. SPIE III, 2005, pp. 174–184.Google Scholar
- 22.Ester, M., Kriegel, H.P., Sander, J., and Xu, X., A Density-Based Algorithm for Discovering Clusters in Large Spatial Databases with Noise, Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Portland, 1996, pp. 226–231.Google Scholar
- 25.Dahlin, J., Wills, A., and Ninness, B., Sparse Bayesian ARX Models with Flexible Noise Distributions, Proc. 18th IFAC Sympos. on System Identification, Stockholm, 2018, pp. 25–30.Google Scholar