Optimization of Bilinear Control Systems Subjected to Exogenous Disturbances. II. Design
- 3 Downloads
We obtain and discuss new results related to control design for bilinear systems subjected to arbitrary bounded exogenous disturbances. A procedure for the construction of the stabilizability ellipsoid and the domain of stabilizability for bilinear control systems is proposed and its efficiency is proved. This problem is solved both in continuous and discrete time. The main tool is the linear matrix inequality technique. This simple yet general approach is of great potential and can be widely generalized; for instance, to various robust statements of the problem.
Keywordsbilinear control systems exogenous bounded disturbances quadratic Lyapunov functions linear feedback stabilizability ellipsoid domain of stabilizability linear matrix inequalities
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was partially supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 18-08-00140. The author would like to thank B.T. Polyak for his interest in this work, fruitful discussions, and useful suggestions.
- 6.Tibken, B., Hofer, E.P., and Sigmund, A., The Ellipsoid Method for Systematic Bilinear Observer Design, Proc. 13th IFAC World Congr., San Francisco, USA, June–July 1996, pp. 377–382.Google Scholar
- 7.Korovin, S.K. and Fomichev, V.V., Asymptotic Observers for Some Classes of Bilinear Systems with Linear Input, Dokl. Math., Control Theory, 2004, vol. 398, no 1, pp. 38–43.Google Scholar
- 13.Kung, C.-C., Chen, T.-H., Chen W.-C., et al., Quasi-Sliding Mode Control for a Class of Multivariable Discrete Time Bilinear Systems, Proc. 2012 IEEE Int. Conf. Syst., Man, Cybernet., Seoul, Korea, October 2012, pp. 1878–1883.Google Scholar
- 14.Athanasopoulos, N. and Bitsoris, G., Constrained Stabilization of Bilinear Discrete-Time Systems Using Polyhedral Lyapunov Functions, Proc. 17th IFAC World Congr., Seoul, Korea, July 6–11, 2008, pp. 2502–2507.Google Scholar
- 15.Athanasopoulos, N. and Bitsoris, G., Stability Analysis and Control of Bilinear Discrete-Time Systems: A Dual Approach, Proc. 18th IFAC World Congr., Milan, Italy, August 28–September 2, 2011, pp. 6443–6448.Google Scholar
- 16.Tarbouriech, S., Queinnec, I., Calliero T.R., et al., Control Design for Bilinear Systems with a Guaranteed Region of Stability: An LMI-Based Approach, Proc. 17th Mediterran. Conf. Control Autom., Thessaloniki, Greece, June 2009, pp. 809–814.Google Scholar
- 19.Polyak, B.T., Khlebnikov, M.V, and Shcherbakov, P.S., Upravlenie lineinymi sistemami pri vneshnikh vozmushcheniyakh: tekhnika lineinykh matrichnykh neravenstv (Control of Linear Systems Subject to Exogenous Disturbances: The Linear Matrix Inequalitiy Technique), Moscow: LENAND, 2014.Google Scholar
- 20.Khlebnikov, M.V., Quadratic Stabilization of Bilinear Control Systems, Proc. 14th Eur. Control Conf., Linz, Austria, July 15–17, 2015. IEEE Catalog Number(USB): CFP1590U-USB, pp. 160–164.Google Scholar
- 22.Khlebnikov, M.V., Quadratic Stabilization of Discrete-Time Bilinear Control Systems, Proc. 14th Eur. Control Conf., Limassol, Cyprus, June 12–15, 2018, IEEE Catalog Number(USB): CFP1890U-USB, pp. 201–205.Google Scholar
- 23.Bulgakov, B.V., On Accumulation of Perturbations in the Linear Oscillatory Systems with Constant Parameters, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1946, 5, 5, pp. 339–342.Google Scholar
- 24.Gnoenskii, L.S., Bulgakov’s Problem of Accumulation of Perturbations, in Zadacha Bulgakova o maksimal’nom otklonenii i ee primenenie (Maximum Deviation Problem by Bulgakov and Its Applications), Aleksandrov, V.V., Ed., Moscow: Mosk. Gos. Univ., 1993, pp. 7–29.Google Scholar