On Application of Gaussian Functions for Numerical Solution of Optimal Control Problems
- 7 Downloads
It is proved that the linear combinations of shifts and contractions of the Gaussian function can be used for an arbitrarily accurate approximation in the space of continuous functions of one variable on any fixed intervals. On the example of the soft lunar landing problem, a method for the numerical solution of optimal control problems based on this approximation procedure of the control function is described. Within the framework of the same example, the sensitivity of constraint functionals to the specification error of optimal parameters is investigated using three approaches as follows: 1) Pontryagin’s maximum principle (both numerically and theoretically); 2) the control parametrization technique in combination with the method of sliding nodes; 3) the newly proposed method. A comparative analysis is performed that confirms the effectiveness of the third method.
Keywordscontrol parametrization technique lumped optimal control problem approximation using Gaussian functions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation within the State order for research in 2014–2016, project no. 1727.
- 2.Chernov, A.V., On Approximate Solution of Free-time Optimal Control Problems, Vestn. Nizhegorod. Gos. Univ. Lobachev., 2012, no. 6 (1), pp. 107–114.Google Scholar
- 5.Chernov, A.V., On the Smoothness of an Approximated Optimization Problem for a Goursat–Darboux System on a Varied Domain, Tr. Inst. Mat. Mekh. Ural. Otd. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2014, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 305–321.Google Scholar
- 7.Novikov, I.Ya., Protasov, V.Yu., and Skopina, M.A., Wavelet Theory, in Translations of Mathematical Monographs, vol. 239, Providence: American Mathematical Society, 2011.Google Scholar
- 9.Fedorov, V.M., Kurs funktsional’nogo analiza (Course on Functional Analysis), St. Petersburg: Lan’, 2005.Google Scholar
- 13.Afanas’ev, V.N., Kolmanovskii, V.B., and Nosov, V.R., Matematicheskaya teoriya konstruirovaniya sistem upravleniya (Mathematical Theory of Control Systems Design), Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola, 2003.Google Scholar
- 14.Chernov, A.V., On Differentiation of Functionals of Approximating Problems in the Frame of Solution of Free Time Optimal Control Problems by the Sliding Nodes Method, Vestn. Tambov. Univ. Estestv. Tekh. Nauki, 2018, vol 23, no. 124, pp. 861–876.Google Scholar
- 15.Petrov, Yu.P. and Petrov, L.Yu., Neozhidannoe v matematike i ego svyaz’s avariyami i katastrofami (Unexpected in Mathematics and Its Connection to Accidents and Disasters), St. Petersburg: BKhV-Peterburg, 2005.Google Scholar