Metrization of the T-Alphabet: Measuring the Distance between Multidimensional Real Discrete Sequences
- 7 Downloads
The measure is proposed of discrete real sequences similarity in the extended space of states. The measure is based on the symbolic CTQ-analysis methods and is applicable to a chaotic and stochastic multidimensional non-equidistant time series as well. The analysis of the proposed metrics is carried out and their basic properties are described. The method efficiency is tested on the model systems differing in complexity and topology of the attractor. The high sensitivity of the developed similarity measures is demonstrated on the example of the financial time series analysis.
Keywordsdiscrete sequences T-alphabet metric set symbolic analysis financial time series Rossler oscillator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Guckenheimer, J. and Holmes, P.J., Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems, and Bifurcations of Vector Fields, Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 42, New York: Springer, 1990. Translated under the title Nelineinye kolebaniya, dinamicheskie sistemy i bifurkatsii vektornykh polei, Moscow: Inst. Komp. Issled., 2002.zbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 3.Bowen, R., Metody simvolicheskoi dinamiki (Methods of Symbolic Dynamics), Moscow: Mir, 1979.Google Scholar
- 5.Hsu, C.S., Cell-to-Cell Mapping: A Method of Global Analysis for Nonlinear Systems, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.Osipenko, G., Dynamical Systems, Graphs, and Algorithms, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 1889, Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2004Google Scholar
- 10.Makarenko, A.V., Analysis of the Time Structure of Synchronization in Multidimensional Chaotic Systems, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 2015, vol. 147, no. 5, pp. 1053–1063.Google Scholar
- 13.Makarenko, A.V., Spacing between Symbols of T-Alphabet and Properties of Discrete Dynamical Systems, Book of Abstracts of Int. Conf. Analysis and Singularities, Moscow: Steklov Mat. Inst., 2012, pp. 78–79.Google Scholar
- 18.Shilnikov, L.P., Shilnikov, A., Turaev, D., and Chua, L., Methods of Qualitative Theory in Nonlinear Dynamics. II, in World Scientific Series on Nonlinear Science, Series A, 2001, vol. 5.Google Scholar