A Single Server Retrial Queue with Bernoulli Feedback and Collisions
A non-Markovian feedback single-server retrial queue with collisions and general retrial times is investigated. A necessary and sufficient condition for the system to be stable is studied. Using the supplementary variable technique, the joint distribution of the server state and the orbit length under steady-state is obtained. Some interesting and important performance measures of the system are provided. Finally, numerical illustrations are presented.
AMS Subject ClassificationPrimary 60K25 Secondary 90B22
KeywordsRetrial queue Collision Feedback Steady-state Generating function Busy period
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Artajelo, J.R., Gomez-Corral, A., 2008. Retrial Queueing Systems: A Computational Approach. Springer, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Choi, B.D., Kulkarni, V.G., 1992. Feedback retrial queueing systems. In Queueing and Related Models, Bhat U.N., Basawa I.V. (Editors), Oxford University Press, New York, pp. 93–105.Google Scholar
- Falin, G.I., Sukharev, Yu.I., 1985. On single-line queues with double connections, Paper # 6582-85. All-Union Institute for Scientific and Technical Information, Moscow (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Jonin, G.L., 1982. Determination of probabilistic characteristic of single-line queues with double connections and repeated calls. In Models of Systems of Distribution of Information and Its Analysis, Moscow.Google Scholar
- Kapyrin, V.A., 1997. A study of the stationary distributions of queueing system with recurring demands. Cybernetics, 13, 584–590.Google Scholar
- Lee, Y.W., 2005. The M/G/1 feedback retrial queue with two types of customers, Bull. Korean Maths. Soc., 42.Google Scholar