Short Communication: Isolation and Expression Analysis of the Testis-Specific Gene, Human OPPO1
- 33 Downloads
Purpose: To investigate human spermatogenesis, we isolated human testis-specific genes.
Methods: Using mouse amino acid sequences, we found the region including homology in amino acid level in the human genome sequences. The primers encompassing introns were made and RT-PCR and RACE were carried out. The resultant PCR products were sequenced.
Results: The full-length cDNA of human OPPO1 was isolated. It encodes 257 amino acid residues. The expression of the human OPPO1 was predominantly in the testis. On the other hand, partial cDNAs of ZNF8, GR194, GR219, GR093, GR046, GR163, and GR200 were expressed in the various tissues.
Conclusions: Our data suggests that the human OPPO1 may play important roles in human spermatogenesis.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tanaka, H, Yoshimura, Y, Nishina, Y, Nozaki, M, Nojima, H, Nishimune, Y: Isolation and characterization of cDNA clones specifically expressed in testicular germ cells. FEBS Lett 1994;355:4-10Google Scholar
- 2.Iguchi, N, Tanaka, H, Fujii, T, Tamura, K, Kaneko, Y, Nojima, H, Nishimune, Y: Molecular cloning of haploid germ cell specific tektin cDNA and analysis of the protein in mouse testis. FEBS Lett 1999;456:315-321Google Scholar
- 3.Nakamura, Y, Tanaka, H, Koga, M, Miyagawa, Y, Iguchi, N, de Carvalho, CE, Yomogida, K, Nozaki, M, Nojima, H, Matsumiya, K, Okuyama, A, Nishimune, Y: Molecular cloning and characterization of OPPO1: A haploid germ cell-specific complementary DNA encoding sperm tail protein. Biol Reprod 2002;67:1-7Google Scholar
- 4.Jiao, K, Zhou, Y, Hogan, BL: Identification of mZnf8, a mouse Kruppel-like transcriptional repressor, as a novel nuclear interaction partner of Smad1. Mol Cell Biol 2002;22:7633-7644Google Scholar
- 5.Wertz, K, Herrmann, BG: Large-scale screen for genes involved in gonad development. Mech Dev 2000;98:51-70Google Scholar
- 6.Miyamoto, T, Hasuike, S: Isolation and expression analysis of the human RNH2 gene encoding ribonuclease inhibitor 2. J Assist Reprod Genet 2002;19:394-397Google Scholar
- 7.Miyamoto, T, Sengoku, K, Takuma, N, Hasuike, S, Hayashi, H, Yamauchi, T, Yamashita, T, Ishikawa, M: Isolation and expression analysis of the testis-specific gene, STRA8, stimulated by retinoic acid gene 8. J Assist Reprod Genet 2002;19:531-535Google Scholar
- 8.Miyamoto, T, Sengoku, K, Hasuike, S, Takuma, N, Hayashi, H, Yamashita, T, Ishikawa, M: Isolation and expression analysis of the human testis-specific gene, SPERGEN-1, a Spermatogenic Cell-Specific Gene-1. J Assist Reprod Genet 2003;20:101-104Google Scholar
- 9.Homma, M, Kutsukake, K, Hasebe, M, Iino, T, Macnab, RM: FlgB, FlgC, FlgF, and FlgG, a family of structurally related proteins in the flagellar basal body of Salmonella typhimurium. J Mol Biol 1990;211:465-477Google Scholar
- 10.Minamino, T, Yamaguchi, S, Macnab, RM: Interaction between fliE and flgB, a proximal rod component of the flagellar basal body of Salmonella. J Bacteriol 2000;11:3029-3036Google Scholar
- 11.Bonifield, HR, Yamaguchi, S, Hughes, KT: The flagellar hook protein, flgE, of Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium is posttranscriptionally regulated in response to the stage of flagellar assembly. J Bacteriol 2000;14:4044-4050Google Scholar
- 12.Penttila, TL, Yuan, L, Mali, P, Hoog, C, Parvinen, M: Haploid gene expression: Temporal onset and storage patterns of 13 novel transcripts during rat and mouse spermiogenesis. Biol Reprod 1995;53:499-510Google Scholar
- 13.Attisano, L, Lee-Hoeflich, ST: The Smads. Genome Biol 2001;2:3010.1-3010.8Google Scholar
- 14.Zhao, GQ, Chen, YX, Liu, XM, Xu, Z, Qi, X: Mutation in BMP7 exacerbates the phenotype of Bmp8a mutants in spermatogenesis and epididymis. Dev Biol 2001;240:212-222Google Scholar
- 15.Zhao, GQ, Deng, K, Labosky, PA, Liaw, L, Hogan, BL: The gene encoding bone morphogenetic protein 8B is required for the initiation and maintenance of spermatogenesis in the mouse. Genes Dev 1996;10:1657-1669Google Scholar
- 16.Zhao, GQ, Liaw, L, Hogan, BL: Bone morphogenetic protein 8A plays a role in the maintenance of spermatogenesis and the integrity of the epididymis. Development 1998;125:1103-1112Google Scholar