Sliding-Window Scalar Multiplication of Matrices and Earthquake Prediction
- 40 Downloads
A probabilistic model of the point field which enables prediction of major earthquakes by extrapolating the earthquake distribution known from the region seismic history was proposed earlier by A. M. Shurygin. If the seismic region is linear, then the accuracy of prediction can be improved by dividing the region into transform zones and replacing the distribution densities and their estimates by comparison of matrices. A new method was presented and illustrated by the prediction of earthquakes in the Kamchatka and Kuril Islands.
KeywordsMechanical Engineer Distribution Density System Theory Probabilistic Model Scalar Multiplication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shurygin, A.M., Interpoint Distances and Differences in the Characteristic of Point Flows, Teor. Veroyatn. Primen., 1981, vol.26, no. 1, pp. 201–203.Google Scholar
- 2.Shurygin, A.M. and Odinets, M.G., Long-term Statistical Prediction of the Space-Time Density of Major Earthquakes for the Kuril Islands, Vulkanologiya Seismologiya, 1984, no. 4, pp. 90–98.Google Scholar
- 3.Shurygin, A.M., Statistical Analysis and Long-term Prediction of Seismicity for Linear Zones, J. Math. Geology, 1993, vol.25, no. 7, pp. 315–340.Google Scholar
- 4.Shurygin, A.M., Prikladnaya stokhastika: robastnost', otsenivanie, prognoz (Applied Statistics: Robustness, Estimation, Prediction), Moscow: Finansy i Statistika, 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.Shurygin, A.M. and Strigunova, M.S., Recognition of Seismic Danger, Appl. Probl. Pattern Recognition Image Anal., 2003, vol.13, no. 2, pp. 356–357.Google Scholar